Monday, August 12, 2013

223-More fire

Sunday Chris spent all day at the State Line fire and was mostly in Malad and then was on structure protection in Samaria. The fires just went crazy. At one point it took off and they lost it (not Chris's crew but one up there) and at the same time had Promotory go crazy. They had engines and brushes from every agency in Box Elder county plus other STATES. 
 Chris sent me some awesome pictures from the fires

With all those people being gone from the volunteer departments leaves the area a little depleted. Willard had people at the State Line fire and sent people out to Promotory fire. We had to do a headcount to see who would be in town and could respond on calls if we had any. I got a hold of my mom and asked if we had a call if she would come get Kennedy. It was looking like we had maybe 4 people in town! She was good with that. Kennedy got home from her dads at 6. I was getting my wildland stuff all layed out in case heaven forbid we had a grass fire in town. Id talked to K and told her if moms pager goes off we need to go now because mom told them she would be there. She was good with that and understood. 

I had just started cooking dinner. Kennedy was outback playing and I was talking to her when the pager went off for a rollover accident. I told her ok we have to go now, go get in moms car. She ran straight from the backyard and jumped in the car. She was pretty excited. I turned off the stove, got my stuff, closed up the house and she was in and buckled. I called my mom on the way to the station to make sure she heard the page and was coming to meet me to get Kennedy. We were the first ones to the station. I had Kennedy come in with me as I was getting dressed. I threw on my bunkers and was headed to put my coat and helmet on the truck. Kennedy stops dead in her tracks and says "Wow mom! You look really good wearing that!!" haha She was so serious it was cute. My mom had pulled into the station by then, I gave Kennedy a kiss and we headed off. 

We actually have a lot of women on our dept and they kick butt!! They arent sissy girls and they arent manly either ha! They are wifes with kids and families. On this call there were 3 girls in the engine and of course one was driving and we had 2 girls in our squad with one guy. We had it handled!

Chris finally made it home from the State Line fire at about 1030 pm. Poor guy was exhausted and had to go to work bright and early today. 

No comments: