Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Duck Season

Duck season has officially opened! Chris, Todd and Taylor have been living in the boat pretty much. I didnt go out opening day because I HATE opening day. Id rather keep K and I away from that madhouse. Plus I wasnt feeling well. These guys went out that opening Sunday and did pretty good! They even got a goose.
 That night Chris, Taylor and I went out while K stayed with Grandpa Todd and Grandma Jana. Its a good thing too! As soon as we started motoring out in the boat HEAVY hard rain/hail started coming down. It was beating us. You can see all the splashes in the water from it hitting
 It was coming from the south so Rue hid behind Taylors chair and weathered the storm
 Then it just stopped and the sun came out and so did his smile!
 Rue was sitting in the weeds waiting for Chris to call her in some ducks!

 Taylor needed a nap
 I got the first duck of the day and my first one of the season

 We didnt do too great but we got a few ducks! This was my haul

We went out a few days later after work and school. Kennedy was adamant she wanted to walk out with Dad and set up decoys. They walked out a ways and it got pretty mushy and high so she wanted to walk back to the boat. She took one step and went face first right into the water. She kept her head up and it only took Chris one step to get to her and lift her up by her straps. She was laughing and said "I treaded water!" She didnt cry or get scared. I was so proud!

No comments: