Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Week 45- Kennedys archery, Duck hunting and parents deer

Indoor archery has started back up! WOO WOO! I have missed it and all the friends we have. Tyson and Taylor have joined us this time and are shooting FITA leagues with us. We are back to normal Family Home Evening at the archery range. 
 This week I have been sick. Miserable cold sick. Like miss a day and a half of work sick. Apparently my family still thinks they need food during this time.. Wednesday I was home sick from work so I got some serious crock potting going on. BBQ deer roast and spaghetti squash. Took a whole two min of prep
Then I went back to watching half of a movie and taking my 3rd nap for the day.
 By Wednesday night I found enough energy to drive myself to the archery range to pick up Kennedy from shooting. She was doing so good.
 I at least got some pictures


 Friday night we had some snuggle time on the couch. She had given me her cold so she said we were safe to cuddle. Next thing I know Grandma Tammy (Taylors mom) was knocking on the door saying come on Kennedy, Grandpas watching the truck races and there is a girl driver. He cant watch the races alone! Steve has gotten Kennedy hooked on Nascar. She goes and sits and watches the races with him. She cuddles with Grandpa Todd and watches the Broncos. This kid has more Grandparents than she knows what to do with. They just keep adopting her
 Sunday we went out duck hunting. Chris and Taylor went out to the same spot Saturday after they left the Be a Girl shoot. This time Me, Chris, Todd, Taylor and Tyson went in two boats. Miss K wanted a day to spend with Jana. Todd dropped the first duck. Im still not sure how I feel about him mustacheless....
 A group effort dropped the second one. Chris and Rue went out to retrieve it.
 It kept diving under the water so she really had to work for it. She has such a soft mouth with birds right now. She holds them gently by the tail feathers or very lightly by the wings.  Rue is loving hunting and jumps right in the truck as soon as you let her out of her pen. She spent half her time sticking her head of the blind watching the air for birds.
 We ended with 4 birds
 One of Dads friends has gotten us permission to deer hunt on some private orchards. The deer come in and destroy the trees that are there and over run the ground. By us filling our deer tags in the orchards helps the farmers out and helps us out too! Mom got a nice 2 pt
Dads friend after seeing the Be a Girl new special told Dad when he took him hunting he wanted the hot blonde to come so my dad wore his wig hunting... I think he has a little too much fun with it! But he shot a nice spike.

No comments: