Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday riding, Wednesday archery, Saturdays adventures with the backhoe, dinner and shicken chasing

After my pack test I had the worst shin splints ever on Sunday. Worse than Ive ever had in all my years of playing soccer. I couldnt harldy walk. It was bad enough I went to Walmart on my lunch break at work and bought some Tigers Balm. I love this stuff even though it smells so strong. 
Super Bowl Sunday there was a get together at Todd and Janas. The girls had their power wheels still there from the sleepover on Saturday. Rylee likes Kennedys wheeler better than her Jeep so they switched. Chris took this picture of them they had been drag racing up the road. 
This week was busy as usual. We have been going strong in class. I had to send Chris this pict from my book. He has finished his 2nd semester in school and is getting awesome grades.
Tuesday I finally had some time and great weather. I went and shot at one of my favorite places.. our backyard. I drug out the target and threw a few arrows. I love shooting in our backyard. So many fun memories from the last summer.
 Wednesday before K's class we got out her bow and made some adjustments with her pins. She has been doing better on form.

 Then it was off to class. Both my parents and Todd and Jana left to go out of town for the weekend for the World Archery Shoot in Vegas. That means they needed fill ins for the Adult and Kids archery classes that week. Lynn who normally helps anyways was taking care of it with his new helper Bears Butt. They did great. This is about half of the class. Most kids come in late. They did their stretches to warm up.
 They went over more safety stuff and anchor points
 Then it was time to shoot. Kennedy hasnt shot a single 'yellow' since she got her new bow and was kind of bummed about it. I told her for every yellow she hit tonight she would get a dollar. I had to pay out $2 to a very happy little girl. She asked if she got a Robin Hood if she could get $50. I figured that was a safe bet since shes only shooting 6lbs lol!
 Thursday after I dropped her off to school I went and kicked butt at the gym.
These kill my thighs and abs!
 I had to bike since I couldnt do the treadmill because I still had shinsplints. I did cardio, free weights, ab workouts and some PiYo.
Friday I rocked my new Bow Snob shirt. Its a logo one of our friends has created. I showed some support and bought a shirt. 
 Chris had PT at 8. I got Kennedy off to school at 9. Then he had a dentist apt at 10 and I had one at 11. I hadnt been to the dentist in forever.. like 6 years or so. I have really healthy teeth and brush a ton and dont have teeth problems. Chris is so good about going in every 6 months so I figured it was time to be good too, plus I really like the dentist that him and Kennedy go to. I am proud to say after that long of not going to the dentist I have no cavities and that my teeth and gums look fantastic.
 He of course had no cavities either so we went out to Golden Spike Burgers in Corinne to celebrate. He loves that place and I had never been there. I LOVE BURGERS. I could eat good burgers all the time. They are one of my favorite foods. I was totally impressed! Their food was awesome! And of course we cant go anywhere with out a crowd following him.. At the dentist all the office ladies had to come see him and hear his story from him being shot.. we sit down to eat and two ladies from Autoliv come over to talk to him, then our friend from the archery club Matt came and visited us, then a bunch of Brigham City big wigs had to come to our table and say hi, then some DNR guys came in and had to say hi to him also. I just sit and laugh the whole time. 
From there we traveled to Walmart where I just needed two things.. We ended up finding some killer clearance deals. I got a pair of my favorite hunting pants for $5 and then I bought two boxes of these arrows. They are normally about $50 a half dozen (each box) I got them for $14 a box on clearance! I was super excited. I had to buy them at that good of a deal.

 We had been taking care of Todd and Janas house and puppies while they were gone. We went over to go play with the dogs. Radar loves to cuddle on the downstairs couch with a blanky. I grabbed my favorite one and both pups jumped on my lap. 
 From there we went and borrowed one of our friends backhoes to work on our backyard. We had some spots we really needed to flatten. I was Chris's pilot car so he didnt get hit.
 He flattened the dirt piles we had and we doubled the size of our garden.

I sat with him in the backhoe while he worked.
We have so much concrete chunks that the previous owners had burried or stuck along the back wall we needed to move around.
After he finished ours he went over to his dads to work on his garden area and I went to pick up K from school.
 She wanted to ride back home with dad on the backhoe back to our house so bad. I told her only if she hung on with two hands lol. Plus it was just down the side streets of Willard. She had a huge grin on her face.
That night JaNeale came into spend the weekend at Ash's house. She offered to take K so we could go see American Sniper. 
Once again we couldn't make it in the doors with out being stopped by people who wanted to talk to Chris. We sat down and he could tell me almost every person who walked in and who they were. I was laughing so hard. One couple walked in and I asked him "who is that?" he didnt know who they were and neither did I. I told him I couldnt believe there were people in the theater he didnt know. To make up for it we were stopped by 3 other people on the way out of the theater haha! 
We went over to go pick up K from Ash's and that wasnt happening. Rybug wanted her to spend the night so we let her stay. They played so hard!
That next morning it was just Chris and I at the house. It was a little weird. We slept in and it was wonderful! We called to see when they wanted us to get Miss K and they said they would call and let us know. Yeah they never called. The kids played together all day long

We decided to do a big dinner at our house with his sister and mom. He wanted to cook in the dutch oven. We headed into town to get stuff for a peach cobbler and I wanted to get Kennedys Valentines day present. We wanted to get her an outdoor archery target just for her. That way when we are all shooting in the summer she can have one set up closer for her. We had just been to Perry Walmart the day before and knew they didnt have one so we figured we would check Harrisville one. They didnt have one so we headed to Smith and Edwards and almost made it there when Chris's boss called and needed us to meet him at Harbor Freight for a min. We turned around, met him there and headed back to Smith and Edwards. They didnt have anything. I really wanted to get her a pink target but they were $50 at Dicks. So I figured if we could find her a decent foam one that would work too. When Smith and Edwards didnt have it we went to Cals. There we found the pink one I had wanted to start with AND it was only $34 bucks. I could handle that. We were leaving Cals to head to Todds house where Derek was changing his brakes and rotors when I put my car into reverse and CLUNK. I put it back into park. Put it into reverse again and CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK my transmission was acting funny. So I put it in drive and it did the same thing. My engine light came in and my dash was flashing. I turned it off, turned it back on and it worked fine so Chris called the dealer and I took it up there while he helped Derek do his brakes. 
Turns out it was a code problem. The whole car is still under warranty. They had to reprogram my transmission and redo all the shift points. It took almost 2 hours but its fixed now. The boys were still working on Dereks truck. We got dinner started out on the camp chef. Dutch oven potatoes, peach cobbler and the special seasoned trout from Sportsmans Paradise.

The kids ran around in the backyard trying to catch the chickens
 Ry wanted a chicken but she had to catch it herself and we couldnt hand it to her. She would chase them all over going "mere schicken.. mere schicken! Let me catch you!" and then she would get close enough to touch it, scream and run off.


 After dinner Taylor showed up too. We all played Phase10. Derek got slammed on one hand by Ash. She was right before him and went down and out. He was just getting ready to do the same and got stuck with a hand full of wilds and high cards. He racked up 130 points!
 It was time for Kennedy to take a shower and Ry wanted to take a bath with her so we let the two girls go play in the tub. They were in there a good hour almost. Ry was froze by the time she got out. She insisted on wearing "Kendys shirt!" So she grabbed one of K's big bed time T's. It was HUGE on Ry and wouldnt even stay on her shoulders. She wrapped up in a blanket and her shirt fell off.
 We played cards til the kids were ready for bed.

1 comment:

The Triplett Family said...

I always enjoy reading about how much productivity (and fun) you're able to pack into a week. That picture from your text book… YIKES!