Monday, June 29, 2015

Bongos, Swimming, Ryanes visit, broken week and new boots

I took a nap when I got home from work one day and when I woke up Kennedy had made 4th of July bongos. She cleaned up her entire mess and didnt even get glue on the table. I was so excited!
Shes in her second phase of swim lessons and has a new instructor. Our FAVORITE one Miss Syndie. We love her and Kennedy has done so well having her again! Shes made a lot of progress this last week.

 Our cousin Ryane is visiting from Hawaii. This was the first time Kennedy can remember meeting her. She spent a few days with Liz and Kinlie for fun and came to our house. She was excited we had nice chickens.
 Koree found her favorite spot on 'her' swing
 and these 3 girls laughed like crazy on the trampoline
 Kinlie, Ryane and Kennedy

Kennedy was having a rough night and needed some dad loves. They spent a good 5 minutes like this and it made me smile.
We had a rough week at the Richards house hold. I started making dinner one night and noticed the kitchen smelled funny. I thought maybe it was the fridge and searched it with nothing smelling. There were no dishes in the sink. I couldnt figure it out. I started making dinner and grabbed a dishwasher packet to throw in. The box was soaked. Shit. I pulled out everything under the sink and it was sopping wet. I wiped it down and turned on the dishwasher. It started spilling water all over. The dishwasher hose had a ton of holes in it. I went to 2 different stores that night looking for a new hose. They didnt have one so Home depot was next. They didnt have it either. Chris was at class and I had to call him to see what he wanted. He had me just buy some tubing. 
Well during this dishwasher mess Id ran out to get some veggies from the freezer. The door has to be shut and then pushed to make sure its tight. I didnt shut it tight enough and it stayed partially open during the night.. like open 1 inch. The next morning K goes out to get pancakes and she tells me the meat in the door is dripping. Son of a! We go out there and the freezer is melting. We only lost a few pieces of meat in the door and were able to send the rest to my moms freezer. We unplugged it and let it thaw and sit for a day hoping it would come back to life. It did for one day and then died completely. We had to go buy a new freezer. 

The same night that the dishwasher broke when Chris was at class I turned on the sprinklers out front and the one started leaking. Chris fixed it that next morning and it worked fine. He was gone at class that night after and I turned on the sprinklers (the same day the freezer died) and it started running water again and not working. I sent him a picture to prove its bubbling out of the ground. He turns the sprinkler on the next morning and it runs just fine! No water running down the driveway. I was done. He told me I wasnt allowed to touch anything else. So what do I do I go to start the dishwasher and cant get the door to shut. He ended up having to pull the dishwasher out, reattach it and then the door would shut. I cant win for anything.  
But in other news the garden is growing great!
 Two big things happened in our house hold this week also...
This.
He was so excited he told me it was Christmas in July and threatened to sleep with his helmet in the bed
 and this!!!
 Dusty was selling some nice never worn wild land boots that are normally about $400 for $100 and they fit me perfectly! I decided there is no better way to break them in than shooting at night. Nothing is worse than spending all day hiking in stiff wild land boots! Hopefully this way it will cut down on some blisters. Its a good thing my hubby loves me cause he just laughed when I walked outside like this. Its 100 degrees what do you expect!

No comments: