Sunday, June 21, 2015

Fire Dept Projects, End of First Swim session and building chicken plucker

This week we have been so ridiculously busy! Tuesday night we didnt leave fire drill until almost 10. We were busy working on stuff at the station. Wednesday after swim lessons we went back so Chris and I could work on a few more things. We fixed one fan, tore apart another, put in new lights so we could see and he ran and drilled some new air lines. Kennedy was loving helping. She was telling us how she needs a sticker that says "My moms a firefighter, my dads a firefighter and Im going to be a firefighter!" Her favorite part of the fire station is the Popsicles.  She takes a cup of ice and sticks a popsicle in the top so it melts down into it as she eats.
 She kept saying she was a hard working firefighter

 Thursday was the end of her first half of Level 3 swim lessons. I always do 2 sessions a year. The last 10 minutes they get free time on the final day. She went down the big slide.
As I was waiting to get a picture of her coming down cute Nash walked in front. Right after I took his picture he turned around and gave me his best 'come at me bro' face/glare and then turned around and walked off. I was laughing so hard. 

 2 weeks down 2 weeks to go!
Thursday night and Friday night were spent putting together a chicken plucker late into the night.
I supervised. We had just finished irrigating the day before so the ground was still super wet.
My dad got an old swamp cooler and Chris tore the motor out. To buy a chicken plucker is almost a $1000. Chris and Dad watched some YouTube videos and put together this idea. All said and done we were into this one $250 and lots of man hours! Thursday and Friday night we didnt get done til almost 11pm both times. 

 We still had to tear parts apart and replan some of it Saturday morning to get it to work right.

No comments: