Sunday, June 21, 2015

Hardy Barn Fire

Friday morning there was a hay barn fire in Honeyville/Bear River area. Its kind of between the two. Chris was paged to go out with the county right as it was first starting. They paged Willard to assist about 2 hours into it. Tammy and Steve were nice enough to take K so I could go play. Hay fires burn forever and create so much smoke! Some of these pictures were before I got there. Once we arrived I was pretty busy until I got sent to rehab.




 They used trackhoes and loaders to pull out the hay once the fire had cooled down some. We sprayed the piles as they were pulling it out and kept the exposures cooled down. It was so smokey. I had sunglasses and my visor down and my eyes were streaming tears.
 Dave and I were tasked with the north side. 
The IC and Todd who was running Operations
These were taken while I was in rehab..aka time out

Operations (Todd) discussing plans with Logistics (Chris)
Todd was wearing Tiffanys pink camo helmet. I think he did it just so he could be the guy in pink ha!
Chris was out there since about 11 and we arrived about 1:30. We didnt get home until after 7pm. It was a long hot day! 100 degree temps plus fire in turn outs..We were a sweaty mess. The state Fire Marshall happened to be in the area with his camera so he stopped and took a bunch of pictures. He said he would make us a disc. I cant wait to see them!

No comments: