Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fishing Friday

Friday we had a mommy sluff day. When I was younger and in school if I was doing well on my school work my dad would let me have a Daddy Sluff day. We usually would go fishing or out west rabbit hunting or something together during a school day. Me, Chris, Kennedy, Mom and Dad all went ice fishing. Orignally Todd and Jana were supposed to go with us too so it was a big event but Jana's been sick and Todd had something happen at work that he couldnt leave. So the 5 of us packed up, had to stop in Morgan for some cheese sticks and jalapeno poppers for breakfast and we headed to the ice. We walked a LONG ways out. We had debated on taking a wheeler or not and last minute we decided not to. Dad swears he will never do that again. The sled had to be loaded with at least 100 lbs of gear and him and Chris pulled it all across the ice.
Our set up
 Kennedy started getting cold so I let her run back and forth to the buoyes. 

 Mom and Dad bought these new things called Jaw Jackers and were trying them out. Basically its set up like a trap and it sets your pole for you.

 Kennedy and Chris having some snacks waiting for some fish. Fishing was SOOOOOO slow. We werent getting any bites or anything.
 Moms JawJacker finally hooked one for her!
She brought in a nice trout

 We really had nothing else bite. I finally had a GOOD HARD bite. I set my pole and started trying to reel in. It was bending my tip into the water and it was really hard to turn my reel. I had it about halfway in and the fish got off the line. I was so bummed. I knew it was a BIG fish and wanted see it. 
The next one I caught wasnt so big.. BUT I did need Kennedys help to bring it in. 
Look at the nice trout she caught.
These were the only fish we caught at all. We turned Kennedys back.

No comments: