Thursday, August 27, 2015

2nd weekend of deer/elk camp

I went through the pictures on Kennedy's tablet from last weekend. She made sure to get plenty of picts of everyone!

 These two crack me up

 Kennedy and Wayne
 She lost a tooth last weekend at camp to. One of her 'meat ripper' teeth. Bottom canine. She said how am I going to eat now!? That was my big meat ripper tooth to tear food with!?
 Miss K and Grandma Kathy
 K and Dawni
Last year.. on the day from hell.. remember this post http://camoprincesses911.blogspot.com/2014/09/thursday-from-hell.html
I lost my head lamp when I got stung in the face. I was never able to find it. Well mom started out opening morning at that spot and knelt down on my head lamp! It had spent all winter and spring and summer out in the elements. Everything was in great shape. All I needed to do was put a new battery in it and it still works great!

 Thursday night we were at the store buying supplies to go back up to camp Friday once I got off work. One of the items on our list was tubes for Kennedys bike. Hers were flat flat. We went down the tube isle and threw the ones in the cart we needed. Chris started looking at bicycles and then told her to pick out a brand new bike!!!
 Oh yeah and shes in this cowboy boots and shorts phase...
We headed back to camp Friday after work. We got there in time to change and head into the bog for the night.
Todd brought up Cody with him. Dusty was coming up Saturday afternoon to join us.
Cody and Kennedy after the morning hunt at the campfire
It was nap time for everyone and the kids were restless so we went for a ride.


 After we got back the kids wanted a picnic in the side by side. Oreos and Chicken in a Biscuit crackers.


 Me, Chris and Todd all ready for the night
 This is where I spend all my time.. watching this water hole and waiting!!! This night I had a little 2 pt buck come in. I let him live. Im realy wanting an elk so I was hoping I would save it for them. Then a 2x3 bull elk came in. He was 12 yards from me and stayed for over 5 minutes! It was so neat having him so close and him not having any clue I was there. I have a spike/cow tag so I cant shoot the 2x3. After he left I had 3 more deer come in but not close enough to shoot or didnt have a clear shot on. I was a little bummed cause there were 2 good shooters in that group.
Me and the Hubby hiking out
One day I took mom in. We didnt have anything come into us.
Kennedy looks so little when she sleeps. I see baby cheeks and baby fingers and then its like as soon as she opens her eyes my big kid is back. The side by side was no different, she still couldnt stay awake.
We stopped to take a picture and he says "Oh good my make up looks the best today!" I was laughing so hard.
She is finally starting to get freckles!
 We had a lot of fun just hanging out around the fire pit
 Its not a good day unless my moms taking pictures of me pulling random faces...
Dawni and Wayne cooking us peach cobbler
Dad shot a nice 3pt buck Saturday night.

Chris helped him hike it out


We finally got meat in camp and had a great weekend!

No comments: