Sunday, June 26, 2016

Getting Wood

Fathers day weekend we spent getting wood.
Friday Chris, K and I headed out. They were doing another State Project up by Bug Lake. Its the same project as last year where there are too many tress too close together and they need to thin them so the ones left grow bigger and healthier. 


 We knew this trip was probably not going to yield as much wood as we wanted because I was injured and can only do so much. We got there nice and early and started going through piles and limbing trees


 I tried to stay in one pile at a time pulling out logs as much as I could and bucking them up. Chris was the muscles and he would carry them down the hill and pile them by the trailer.
 It kicked my ass
 We took lots of breaks
 She was our water girl and ran drinks back and forth to us up the hill.
 and then carried some small pieces down with her
 We got some good piles down towards the trailer so then Chris carried them to me and I stacked them on the trailer.
 Him and I were both exhausted before we even got there. It had been a long week. I wasnt as much help as normal and he was having to do more. We decided to stop for lunch. Chicken salad sandwiches and tailgated 

 I found a way to rest my knee for a little bit
 We did a little more wood and called it a day!
 We werent the only ones tired! She was out before we hit the pavement
 and because we are gluttons for punishment we headed out nice and early the next morning with Todd and Jana to go get two more trailers of wood!


 It was so nice to have more help! We took one trailer to Todd and Janas and one to our house.



No comments: