Sunday, June 19, 2016

Parkers Birthday Party

Monday June 6th we celebrated Parkers 8th birthday. Liz and Elysha both bought Parker pretty much the same thing.. soccer bag and water bottle. He has just made a comp soccer team. I was smarter and got him a gift card
Miss Moo loved me that day! We were best friends
We had burgers and hot dogs on the grill and then some cake.
Chris and Dad were there a whole two seconds before they left to go on a grass fire. Dont mind my childs crazy hair, she just came from swim lessons.
We also celebrated Kinlies bday  (Elysha and I did) since we hadnt seen her since before her birthday. 
After cake Kinlie and them had to leave because she had a softball game. We were just sitting in the living room when Macee came in and told me the big kids wouldnt let her jump with them. Her and I went out to the trampoline. She actually liked me today and there was no way I wasnt going to take advantage of that!

Elysha came out and joined us too
Which then it turned into a trick contest..



and thats when things kind of went down hill...
I was doing an arial flip and landed funny. My knee kind of bent weird and twisted. I didnt think much of it. I went to step off the trampoline and it HURT. So I got down and watched the kids play for a minute and decided I maybe was hurt and it was time to go home. I hobbled out to the car and thats when I knew Id done something. It was messed up pretty good.
I went home and iced it.
and it got worse.. and worse.. I couldnt walk on it. I couldnt bend it. My knee was popping and I had zero strength in my knee cap area. I hobbled around some more the next day and figured I better go into the dr. I knew I hyper extended it (I matched every single symptom on google in the right places) but it said a big worry with hyper extending is tearing something in the knee. I get hurt all the time but I heal fast.. and never HURT HURT. I felt like such a wuss going into the dr on Wednesday.
He said to me "yep you walk like an old lady, you must have hurt it good" He did some twistsing and feeling and moving my leg (as its huge and my ankle and foot is even swollen) He told me Im pretty sure you tore your meniscus but lets get you an MRI to make sure. 
I spent every night like this
This was one of its smaller days
You can see how you cant really see my knee cap.. and how its swollen below and around it.
I went in for an MRI Friday and got the results Monday.
I have a complex mensicus tear involving a bucket handle tear in the lateral meniscus involving the posterior horn and body.. aka I did this (big tear)
 to this part of my knee


No comments: