Sunday, June 5, 2016

Three Mile Creek Water Day

Thursday our fire department had volunteered to go to Three Mile Creek for their water day. That also happens to be Kennedy's school. I am not one of those PTA moms who volunteers for anything at school... but I will volunteer to spray small children with fire hoses!
 Our real main job was to supply water for their slip and slide. We helped the teachers stake it into the ground
 They let the children out of the school. Their water time ran from 1230-2.
We set up a line from the hydrant to supply the truck, a nozzle on the hydrant to spray the slide and another one from the hydrant. Then we had the deck gun going off the top to spray kids and put water on the slide.
I went between using a straight stream to a fog and rotated from soaking the slip and slide to getting kids wet on the pavement and grass. I could do this all day!
The line for the slip and slide was crazy!
My child

There was the slip and slide
a water gun fight area
towel and Popsicle area
and at the basketball hoops they had sling shots tied on for water balloon throwing. We never did awesome stuff like this when I was in school!
and lets be honest Im still a kid at heart. I couldnt wait to go down the slip and slide. I was already soaked from running the deck gun. We kept getting a perfect breeze that blew water right back onto us.  I waited until Kennedy was almost there in line and went and joined her.
(shes in the blue)
Someone had to show these kids how it was done. I made it clear to the end.
Then after that it was over.
Monica went with her daughter Mary
and Cami went with Mary too
Vans daughter Meeya


Kennedy got it the second time


after two hours the fun was over. 

We cut the water and took apart everything. I went and checked Kennedy out of school (a whopping 5 minutes early) and she got to come home with us in the fire engine. She said it was the best day ever.
We were soaked. I was the only one smart enough to wear shorts and flip flops. They all thought they were being professional in jeans ha. I knew Id be soaked by the time the day was over.
and to top it off after the fun we went to Calls drive inn. She got a rootbeer float and fries. We sat on the grass out front and dried off.


No comments: