Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Knee Surgery

Tuesday the 28th I went in for my knee surgery. I was able to get in pretty quick and my surgery took about an hour. I recovered pretty quick and was ready to go home. 
I made it in the door and headed for the couch!
This is what they took out
 JaNeale came up for the end of my surgery and came to the house for a minute. Chris left to go do a few things he needed to do for his pt time job and ended up getting called into work. I mostly just slept on the couch and Jana came over to watch me ha. I had a baby sitter for the day :) I guess I looked like hell. I was pretty white and didnt feel super great. Narcotics and I dont really agree. I only took what they gave me in the surgery and then I didnt fill my prescription and it was Aleve from there on out. Tammy was sweet enough to bring us dinner. 
Chris came home just after 10pm and we went to bed. About 30 minutes later we were paged to a good grass fire in Willard. Jenny was working dispatch. She was texting me teasing me that I couldn't go on the fire. She got off at 11pm and stopped by to see how I was post surgery and she knew Chris was out on the fire. I opened the door for Jenny and Kennedy came downstairs bawling saying she didnt feel good.. and then she ran to the bathroom and puked all over with in seconds of JP walking in.
All over the toilet and behind it and on the wall everywhere. She had spaghettio's for dinner.. Sweet good JP who has 7 children and totally understands told me to go sit down and she would clean it up. She cleaned up my child's puke. I mean that is a true friend right there!! 
 Chris was out on the fire til almost 2am. Kennedy said she had a sore throat and 'had a 2 thousand knives in it' and a fever and was throwing up constantly every hour. She was crying because her head hurt so bad and so did her tummy. Those symptoms point to one thing.. and I thought are you kidding me! I had to give her Zofran by 3 am because she was heaving so hard every hour and was crying trying to sleep in the bathroom. She wanted me to lay with her and I felt so bad I couldn't do more than stand over her and rub her back the best I could. 
Chris went to work that morning and I looked at Kennedy's throat. Yep she had strep. I called the drs as soon as they opened and we had an apt at 1030. Sweet Chris came home to take his gimpy wife and child to the Dr haha. I couldn't drive still.
We went into the office and the nurse was so rude. I told her the symptoms and that Kennedy had strep. Id looked in her throat and we just went through this a month and half ago. She told me 'are you sure!? There is a flu bug going around. I mean did her sore throat start after she started throwing up' I politely told her again I know her symptoms and we had just done this rodeo not long ago. She swabbed her throat and huffed out and said 'well we will see'
Hey guess what. The test came back positive! I mean look at this poor kid!
 We got our prescription for antibiotics and more zofran and headed for home. Chris had to go back to work and leave his two invalids at home. My Drs instructions were to walk walk walk as much as I could. So thats what I tried to do between naps. I started bleeding through my stitches and took off my bandages. I was supposed to leave them on for 2 days (and wasnt allowed to shower either) but I changed my dressings so it wasnt so bulky and nasty.
 and I got to look at my knee
 I did as much walking as possible. And took a ton of naps. It wore me out. Finally I got to take off my bandages and take a shower! Happy day!
 and then I started using this baby..
an ice machine is the greatest thing ever invented!!!
 I went in for my one week post op follow up and he said my knee was looking great! It was full of fluid so they stuck a huge needle into my joint and drained 35 ccs of fluid. He told me if I rode the bike 20 minutes a day he wouldnt make me do physical therapy...sooo
 its healing so nice and I can almost walk completely normal now just 3 weeks post op!

No comments: