Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Lagoon. Tingey fire, Pyper the chicken, rodeo and home grown

The Tuesday after the 4th Grandma JaNeale and Rikki came to get Kennedy to spend the night and go to Lagoon Wednesday. She was SOOO excited. She loves Lagoon and as she put it "I havent had a sleep over with Grandma JaNeale since 2015" 
They went to the movies Tuesday night and then headed to Lagoon Wed afternoon.



Kennedy had a blast and came home exhausted!
While she was busy playing this is what I was doing...
This is a view of a fire from my moms house
Doug and I were the first ones on scene and we were able to get it stopped from reaching this house you see in t he background. We had 30 ft flames and it was running like crazy! By the time we got any other help there we were out of water. 
Chris

 As you can see it was headed for 3 other houses as well and we got it stopped just in time.

 Where I got it stopped maybe 20 ft from the house
 Todd

 Me

 Where the power pole is there is the canal road. We got it stopped right before it jumped the road and took off up the mountain.





Pyper thinks shes a chicken. Its hilarious. Shes only like 8 weeks old and just had been 90% weaned. We put her in the chicken coop so she could have friends. Well she sleeps in the top of the coop.

 I couldnt find her one night and eventually found her in the nesting boxes. She has been laying on the eggs too!
So July 5th my dad called us about 530 and said "we need you to go to a rodeo on Plymouth now.. I cant go.. Get your county clothes on and head out" well ok..  I have my hair in a pony and no make up on (it was a million degrees outside) We put on our county clothes and took Chris's brush truck to Plymouth to make a showing at their city rodeo. It was a lot of fun! Kennedy was gone with JaNeale and we got front row seats, burgers and Dr Peppers. It was a nice free date night!
I was super excited because Amberley Snyder was riding that night. Google her. She is amazing. She was paralyzed from the waist down in a horrible car accident. She hasnt let that stop her from competing in rodeos and riding. She has a special saddle that ties her legs and waist into the seat. Yes she ties herself on to her horse and barrel races and break away ropes. She has even started winning again. We watched her rope and then went for a walk over to the bathrooms. 

 Who should we run into!! Yes thats right! I totally played stalker and asked her if I could have a picture with her. In my 'lesbian clothes' as I call them with no make up on and a ponytail ha! She was so nice!!!
 Kennedy helped me irrigate one night. She put on her boots (after she was in her jammies and had a shower) and made soup in a bucket ha!
 Chris and I went out to Derek and Ashleys new house to help with their sprinkler systems and well pump. Briggs is such a boy and followed them all around.
 Ive been hitting the gym as much as I can (drs orders ;) ) and I noticed new muscles. Look at those lats!
 Kennedy wanted a picture of Pyper
 and we spent the day making pickled jalapenos
 Our gardens growing great! Weve started to get a bunch of squash and zucchini off it. This is the first year Ive ever been able to grow them!
 and our very first chicken egg from the new batch of chickens!
Kennedy goes mowing with Chris on Weds. She was so tired and fell asleep in the truck 

No comments: