Tuesday, January 3, 2017

FIshing at Mantua

New Years day Mom, Dad, Phil, Kennedy and I all went fishing at Mantua. We got there just after 8am and the place was packed!


Mom and Kennedy
Dad took his big tent.. we call it the condo and Phil took his tent.
Inside the condo

 Fishing was pretty slow for a while. Kennedy caught the first fish
 We stayed toasty warm with the heater going
Phil caught the next one, then dad
 See nice and toasty. We were melting the ice inside the condo. The fishing was slow, we had full bellys and it was warm. Nap time was bound to happen.
I finally had to go outside because I was starting to get too cozy inside

Dad caught his 4th fish so we had 6 total at this point
Phils wasnt in this pile
Fishing had been dead for a few hours so we decided it was time to pack up and head home. We always leave the poles in until the last minute. Kennedy was watching my poles for me. I turned around and one of them was on the ground. I asked her if she had kicked it. She said no it just hit the ground. I told her hurry and set it! Theres a fish on it! Start reeling. She picked up the pole, set the line and had the fish reeled in by the time I got to her. 

It was a pretty good size fish! I was in the middle of taking pictures of her and working on getting the hook out when the other pole went down. 
I ran over to it fish and pole in hand, hurried and reeled in the other pole and there was a BIG trout on it. 

 We left the poles in while we finished packing up everything and headed for home. 

We brought home 8 fish. It was the a great little afternoon!

No comments: