Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Winter Hike and Sledding

Monday Liz was going hiking looking for mountain lions. I told her I wanted to go with her. She was just going above my parents house looking for tracks. If she found some good ones she was going to get her hounds and go tree it. Kennedy wanted to play with Kinlie. Elysha called and said she was at my parents so bring Kennedys snow clothes and she was going to take them all to her house in Honeyville and go sledding. They couldnt wait and started sledding down my parents driveway. Dad had just finished plowing for hours digging it out.

 Liz, Kyle and I headed up the mountain from my parents driveway
 We had a few pretty good climbs
 Kyle waiting at the top of the 2nd hill for us slow ones
Me
 Kyle and Liz


 It was breathtakingly beautiful. All the snow we had gotten that night made it look magical.


 Remember this picture later.. see how clear it is

 The fog started rolling in






 We hiked to Cook Canyon and just a little ways up it






 Remeber that picture I told you to remember.. this is just 20 min later.. and Ill show you another one in a minute


 This is that same spot even a few more minutes later! You cant see the mountain at all!!
This is coming back down one of the hills, you can see how deep the snow was!
 Can you see the deer by the bushes?

 It was a really fun hike! Only took us an 1.25 hours and almost 1000 ft climb in elevation. 
Kennedy was having a blast sledding at Elyshas house. Her and Kinlie took a break to go inside and try on all Elyshas dresses and shoes, then it was back to sledding!
 She wasnt happy when I went to pick her up. She said just one more slide and take a pic!


Just before she hits the jump
 Landing the jump with a face full of snow
 Who needs eyes anyways


No comments: