Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The Vegas Shoot

Thursday we headed out of Dodge and to Vegas for the weekend. It was that time of year again for the Vegas Shoot. Its refereed to as the "Super Bowl of Archery"
It is one of the largest and hardest shoots there is. Pro shooters all over the place. It was warm and high 70s when we got there. We were on the 24th floor and this is the view out our window. Its nice because we are on the outskirts of Vegas and far away from the strip!
Some of the cool stuff we got

All the restaurants had these placemats

This is the list of all the shooters, over 3500 this year!

We loaded up our bows and headed to the practice range. We had to get our stair picture too
          
Taylor was going to shoot but didnt. Him and his parents came to hang out for the weekend. I talked him into shooting my bow for a few rounds.
                                     
The next morning I had to shoot at 10am. So did Mom and Dad in another room.

 Cute Amanda
We had over 25 people from our little archery club down there!
This was ONE shooting room and only half the room. There were 4 other shooting rooms.

 I ran into my friend James from last year with Break the Barriers. We caught up and he wanted a picture.
 The first day I shot a 283. Not what I wanted but not too bad for Vegas.
 I got a MASSIVE black and white cookie from the deli there. It was so good!
 He was ready to watch Todd and Jana shoot at 5pm.
 This was Jana's first year EVER shooting Vegas. She ROCKED it!


The next morning I shot at 730 am. I didnt take any pictures. Mom and Dad shot then also. I shot a 280. Dad and I shot the exact same scores Friday and Saturday!
Todd and Jana shot at 5pm again



Chris wasnt shooting this year so he was everyones bow caddy. He wanted to play the 'supportive husband' role this year. He carried my stuff for me and Todd and Janas.
Saturday night was super wild. I was exhausted, went to bed by 8pm and got some chocolate cake and watched tv!
Sunday morning was the final shoot. It was a stormy day. This was the view out our window that morning. 
Even though I was in bed so early in my comfy clothes watching tv I had to stay up til almost 11pm when they finally announced the next mornings shooting lines. Dad had the 7am line. Chris and I went down to watch for a little bit.
Then Mom had the 7:30 line
We transitioned up to where she was and watched her finish. We went to breakfast at the buffet and hung out until I had to shoot at 12:30. Todd and Jana also had the same line time.
Terry Smoot was on my line too. I was target 6, he was 7, Todd was 12 and Jana was 18 so we were all right in line.
I ended my shoot with a 282. Not where I wanted to be but I can say I shot consistently the whole trip! We went out to eat afterwards, ran some errands and just hung out at the hotel. The next morning we left at 5am and headed for home!
My highest scorecard gets to go on the wall

No comments: