Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Willard Canyon Hike

Being in Vegas where it was so warm and sunny really made me want to be outside.  Coming home, even though it was freezing I decided I wanted to go hiking Tuesday. I left about 10am and headed up Willard Canyon. Its a hike I wanted to do last year but hate rattlesnakes...and its right along the river. I figured I should get it done before those jerks come out.
It was still a little cold.
 But the views were amazing





 I found this cool bridge and was thankful it was there. All the log crossings were covered in ice.
 Its actually sturdier than it looks. I crossed it twice.



 and I found out my boots were really waterproof like they said. I had to cross this twice and another spot lower in the water too.
 The river was running UNDER the snow. It kept peeking out in places.




 530 feet in elevation. I started out at about 4500 feet
 It was kind of ominous walking across the snow knowing how fast the river was rushing under it.
 I beat the sun up the mountain.  Willard bay is all iced over.



It was a perfect hike!

No comments: