Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sickness, first duck hunt, Kennedys Monster High date and RMPRA rodeo

This week the sick bug hit our house once again. Wednesday morning Kennedy looked a little pale and her eyes were red. I was worried she might be getting pink eye but was really hoping it was just congestion. She still wanted to go to school and had no other symptoms. At 11 oclock school called and said I needed to come pick her up. I had to leave work and go get her. She had two massive ear aches, a fever, a headache, her eyes hurt, her body ached and she was not feeling well. When I walked into the school she was in the sick room bawling. I took her home, gave her some Advil and she slept and slept and slept. We woke her up twice to go to the bathroom and give her more meds. She didnt get up until 11:30 that next morning
I also had been fighting a horrible sore throat and my ears ached and were plugged. I took advantage of her sleeping all day and took a nap too. She woke up and wanted to watch a movie. We cuddled on the couch and watched Brave. When I woke up my phone was full of pictures. She took about 50 selfies
About 10 pictures of me sleeping
 and about another 30 pictures of the movie
Chris had school Thursday night after work. We ate dinner at 4:30 and layed around all night watching tv. It was a rough 24 hours. I didnt even leave the house. 
Thankfully Friday she was feeling better and begged to go to school. Chris wanted her to stay home and rest and keep getting better. She woke up that morning all on her own and got ready. She gave him the eyes and said please daddy can I go to school? Thats all it took and he melted. 

Chris and I worked on running errands. Todd asked us if we wanted to go out west Saturday morning.  We worked on getting all our stuff ready. We bore sighted my new 22/250

 We also ran to the store to get supplies and Chris decided to take me out to Maddox Drive Inn for lunch. We had a gift card :) Then we decided to go jump shoot on a pond my mom had saw some geese landing by. It was the first time either one of us have carried a shotgun since the accident. I have been stressing about getting back at it. Chris keeps talking about wanting to guide again. That sends me into a near panic attack. I wont stop him Im just not ready for it yet :) Baby steps. Carrying shotguns was a good baby step for us both.
 There were no ducks or geese but it was worth it!
Like my new shirt 
Its so hard to find cute girl firefighter shirts that dont just say proud fire wife or something fire wife.
Friday night our friends Tera and Rod invited us and my parents out to Jelbas for the night. 
Taylor came with us. Chris was excited to wear his awful boots. We walked in the door and a group of people knew him. I bust out laughing. From then on all night long he was getting comments on his boots and knew almost everyone in the bar. I cant take him anywhere! Him and Taylor played a little pool and then we left at 10. Big night at the bar for us hahah! We wanted to go pick up K and get in bed since we had to get up so early.
 When we got there to get K she didnt want to leave. Her and Kinlie had a Monster High party. Kennedy took a few of her Monster Highs and her new Monster High DVD. Liz painted Monster High paints on them
They got all their dolls together
They did each others hairs and their dolls hair
and painted their nails! 
She was only at Liz's for about 3 hours and that wasnt long enough for her
Saturday night after we all got back from being out west we had tickets to go to the RMPRA rodeo. Our sweet friends the Okis had given us 5 free tickets. Todd and Jana took us out to Bellas for dinner and we headed to the fairgrounds. 
Kyle (brother in law)s dad Tyler aka Grandpa Tyler does pickup man work and was working that rodeo. It was fun to watch him be pickup man. Liz and Kyle were there too.

 Kennedy's cute little friends Katelyn Oki and her two other friends Maclee and Marlee were there too. We bought them some cotton candy and they all played together the whole night. Except when Maclee whose Kennedys age and her little sister Marlee mutton busted. They are the cutest little cowgirls and did well! Kennedy was sold after that and wants to mutton bust at the next rodeo she can.
Marlee
 Maclee
It was a good night! We had a lot of fun and even made it home by 1030 which was great since I had to work the next morning! 

No comments: