Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Wiper Fishing

Sunday morning we ran out on the bay to see if the boat that just came back from the shop was fixed (its not)
and to see if we could catch a few wiper. Wiper fishing is MY FAVORITE. They are fighters! Right off the bat we landed in a pocket. Jana had one and got it almost to the boat and it got off. SLAM! My pole was next. I caught a decent size wiper
Then Chris missed one. 
Then it was Todds turn
and Chris brought this one in for Todd because he was busy helping Jana with her pole. 
She lost another one
Then I had a HUGE one I lost right at the boat. He broke through my Spider Wire Braided line.. Right as the net was getting ready to go under him. 
Chris had one pop his line too. If you look close I captured the exact second. You can see his bubble flipping back up in the air and the water dropplets.
Fishing slowed down some and I caught a nice channel cat
After that fishing was done. We didnt get any more bites. We moved to another spot but didnt have any luck. It was time to head back in.
 Not bad for a mornings fishing!

No comments: