Saturday, November 24, 2012

Newspaper, pies and Jalapenos

Mom made the Box Elder News Journal!
Fuel has finally dropped some
For a date night Chris wanted to play Wii
We had a fun night of bowling and baseball
I made a bunch of pies for Thanksgiving
Chocolate cheesecake mousse.. amazing!
Two pecan pies
Banana cream and a coconut banana cream
I also made a whiskey cream sauce for the pecan pies
The sauce is one can of sweet and condensed milk, about a cup of Irish Cream, a little bit of milk, 1/4 cup karo syrup and some cinnamon
Mix into a sauce pan and bring to a boil
I started canning while Chris was at fire drill
He came  home and scratched his belly
I noticed something different so I made him lift up his shirt
I started laughing
They had tests done for drill to do a check up and he didnt want to pull them off because he was afraid they'd stick in his hair and hurt so he was going to leave them on until he got in the shower
Well that's karma for you
I started putting together our new food processor
I was SETTING it up and putting the slicing blade in when it attacked me
No it wasn't plugged in or anything like that
Just setting the blade in there it sliced my thumb deep
I had to get some gauze and tape it up because a band aid wasn't enough
I had to dig into our medical bags trying to find tape
Couldn't find any
Had to use scotch tape and Chris banned me from the food processor
Well he was trying to get it to start and asked me to grab one of the parts for it
I went to move another part that was still in the bag.. and wrapped in plastic
It CUT ME!
Through the bag, through the styrofoam, through my glove and into my finger
All I did was pick it up!
So by this point Im banned from the processor for life
Chris pretty much finished up the peppers
I got to stuff the jars and watch
He did his first canning :)

No comments: