Sunday, November 18, 2012

Two duck hunts in one day

Chris had Friday off work since he got called in last Saturday
We went out duck hunting.. twice
First hunt was at the refuge early in the morning
Little miss Kennedy ready to go sipping on hot chocolate and eating flaming hot cheetos.. she loves those!
We also saw a bunch of pheasants running along the side of the canal
No ducks though
Chris just LOVES his picture taken
I told him to smile.. I guess I should have been more specific...he did smile ha!
I love my fuzzy ear flap hat!!
I initially bought it as a joke.. but dang I love it
My ears and cheeks stay so warm out in the boat
Me and pooker as Chris drives us around
No worries she only had on thermals, and jeans, and a shirt, and sweatshirt, and coat, and life jacket, and beanie, and hoodie and another coat on top of that

We went back out Friday afternoon to Perry
Kennedy fell asleep in the truck before we even made it to the dirt road
She was out cold
So we got her out of the truck, put her life jacket on and she didnt even wake up
Chris and I made her a bed in the bottom of the boat with coats to lay on and then covered her up in two more coats and made pillows from hats and gloves
She slept the ENTIRE HUNT
We had the boat beached with the blind up and were shooting from the boat
Didnt even phase her
I got a shot at a group of swans
Wasnt able to drop one :(
This guy flew in and landed in the decoys quite a ways away
I told Chris I was going to try and shoot him
He didnt think I could get him since he was a ways out there
But here he is! My first duck of the season
It was kind of funny to get back into where we were there were a lot of sharp turns and Chris's boat is kind of long
There were some spots we had to get out and kind of push it through the curves
One point he got out to pull the front end through
I went back and took over the motor
I think it kinda surprised him :)
We got us unstuck and I drove us out
He didnt quite know what to think about me driving the boat.. and neither did the boat full of guys I passed ha!
My dad taught me well

No comments: