Sunday, April 20, 2014

East Canyon Easter Weekend

Friday afternoon after Chris got all his lawns mowed we packed up the car, filled the cooler, packed the bows and fishing poles and headed out of town to East Canyon for the weekend. Dad had been miserably sick all morning long. He looked like hell. So Chris drove his truck and pulled their trailer. I drove my car and Mom rode with me. 
Our camp. Mom and Dads new trailer and Todd and Janas old one. They get to pick up the new one Monday woo hoo!
Dad was so sick he didn't want to go to dinner with us. Todd, Jana, Mom Chris and I headed to Taggarts for dinner. To be completely honest I didn't know what to expect. I figured it would be some junky burger place. Mom was the only one of us who had eaten there. OH MY GOSH. IT WAS AMAZING. I never expected gourmet food and desserts. I had their chicken and portobello mushroom pasta. Everyone else had burgers. It was all so good. Definitely a must go again.
Saturday morning we had French toast, bacon and sausage for breakfast. I love camping food. Dad was feeling much better thankfully!! We headed over to Park City for a few things. There is a cut off from just past East Canyon that takes you across Mormon Flats area and drops you right off in Park City about 15 minutes later. I saw this at Home Depot and couldnt stop laughing. I told my mom only in Park City would it mean something different.
. We headed back to camp and Todd, Dad, Chris and I went fishing.


It was too windy. We caught nothing. Not even a bite. We played the infamous washer game and had snacks instead


 Chris and I whopped Dad and Todd pretty bad.. 6 out of 7 games
 Of course it didnt take long before it started attracting neighbors and passerbys


 Next we had to go load a bunch of archery bags and hang them at the range.  Phil had just showed up early for dinner so we put him to work.


Dad still cant do anything since hes one week post back surgery so he had to supervise.
 They hung 15 bags
 It was a little muddy.. a little slippery.. and a VERY VERY STEEP HILL. Kinda hard to stay on your feet...Todd wishes he had it on video of him falling and sliding down the mountain. I wish I would have seen it but I was just behind them on the trail!
 Next we hung the 5 practice bags

 We were starving by then. It was time for dinner. Steaks, loaded mashed potatoes and macaroni salad. Dad was just pulling the steaks off the grill and onto plates when one of our friends rides up on his bicycle and asks if we want prime rib. He made a ton and hand 9 people not show! Too bad our food was done. Have I said I love camping food!?
 Of course we had to play a little more washers .

 I really wanted to try fishing again since the wind was gone. Dad and I headed back over for a quick evening fish.

 Dad and I NEVER get skunked together. We always catch something, at least one of us.. not this time. We caught nothing again. No bites.

We headed back to camp and hung out around the fire pit. I didnt take any pictures. I was tired and my phone was charging. About 9 o'clock I called in a night and showered and got ready for bed. I had to work Sunday morning. My new shift I have to be there at 4 am so I needed to get up at 230 since I had about an hour drive from East Canyon to work.


No comments: