Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week 15- Yard work, fire and garden

Wednesday after our hike Kennedy and I went home to work on the yard. I cleaned out the front flower beds. Child labor at its best. I made her rake the dirt.

 I feel much better.
 That night we went up to my parents so Chris could work on the flatbed trailer and I was sighting in my bow after turning up the poundage and adjusting the sight. I am shooting 45lbs and 250 ft per second. I got my 20, 30 40 50 and 60 yard pins in the best I could. I started to get some good crosswinds but my elevation was good. Mom found a pile of pictures in the shop of when the twins were little with Dad
Look at Macee Jr here! Elysha is on the left and Liz is on the right.
Thursday Mom and I ran some errands. We went to Smith and Edwards. Had to stop by Hoagies Corner for a drink and she wanted to take the long way home. We stopped by the bowfishing parking spot. I was really excited to see they made the parking lot HUGE now! Woo Woo! I wanted to see if the carp were starting to come up into the rocks yet. Its pretty cold still but they could start early.
 When we dropped her off I had just left and she told me to hurry and come back. There were turkeys gobbling. I spent a little time calling them.


 We left for a while and did more errands. She called and said hurry come over they are down low. When I pulled in these guys were just up the road.
 They were talking like crazy. So for fun I went and layed in the ditch by the pasture and called them. They wouldnt stop talking. It was awesome!
 They were just two really young jakes. I wouldnt shoot them at all this year.. but maybe in a few years. One had about an inch beard and the other was only about an inch and a half. They kept puffing up and spreading their feathers like the were a lot bigger.

 I called them to about 5 ft from me and they were still gobbling like mad.

 Totally made my day. Calling turkeys is one of my favorite things!
 We got our garden box made this weekend too. Started out like this...
 Took some of the scrap wood and made a box
 Chris filled it with dirt... I raked it out and shoveled down the hills
 and here it is!
 Friday morning Dad went in for back surgery. Everything went really well and hopefully he will be healed up soon! Mom kept us updated with a play by play. He was waiting to go in here
Friday afternoon Kennedy and I burned the pile in the backyard.


We had a picnic and she brought a bag of toys to play with
 She took pictures of me on the tractor moving the branches further into the fire


 I put on shorts! It was so warm! I got these white legs some sunlight and layed in the grass. It was wonderful! Yay for good weather!
 Chris, Jana, K and I went out to Calls Nursery in Tremonton to get plants for our garden.
Cilantro, carrots, peas, bell peppers, yellow peppers, mountain stake tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, anaheims and some potatoes. We will see how this goes!
 We spent that night watching these boys fix sprinkler lines at Todd and Janas
 Sunday is our anniversary. We celebrated it Saturday night by going out to Chilis for dinner. We had gift cards still from when we got married lol! Chris bought me a new Montana Silversmith ring. I love getting new rings. I like to change up what I wear and Im really hard on rings. I bought him a summer cowboy hat.


No comments: