Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day of Surprises

Today was a beautiful sun shiny day. I had a big surprise planned for Kennedy (see lower post)
The sun was out.
I was on my way to go get Kennedy. I was so excited! I got into my car, turned the key and nothing. I had power.. but my car wouldn't even try and turn over. Sometimes this happens when my alarm isn't disarmed properly. It has some anti theft thing that the clicker has to be clicked in a sequence.. So I tried to reset it.. again...and again.. and again... and again..nothing. So I had to call Joe to come down and help me unhook the battery.. and drop off Kennedy since I couldn't pick her up! I had no tools to undo anything. So he checked all the fuses. Wires.Connections. Everything. Unhooked the battery and let it sit and hooked it back up. Nothing still. Called the Chev dealer to see if they knew.. They couldn't tell us unless we towed it to them. He put it into neutral and we pushed the car for just a few feet and put it back into park just to make sure it was fully into park. Nothing. I'm starting to sweat it by this point. I can see the $$$$$$ popping up like mad to fix this. He sits in the car and tries to start it again. Nothing. He tries one last time and pushes the gearshift (which is in park fully) forward while he turns the key and it starts right up! Dang thing just somehow wasn't knowing it was all the way into Park! After 35 minutes of trying to get it to start it was something as dumb as it not being 10000% into park.. even though it really was.  

No comments: