Saturday, April 21, 2012

Top Shot Challenge

Friday I got a little wild hair and decided to create a Top Shot Challenge
Kennedy and I started making targets
She was a good helper
I made up the targets all on my own and had to improvise on somethings that I couldnt find the materials for but it actually worked out better that way!
Pistols only
We chose our .22's
Zack picked me up (Kennedy was w her dad)
We grabbed some Calls and headed up the mountain
It was perfect outside!
We had to go a little further from our normal shooting spot because there was a big group of people camping there!?
In my whole life I have never seen anyone camp there
The first challenge I had set up for us was a speed event
Pop all the balloons
First one done wins
We set them about 30 yards
Pistols on the tailgate
Two clips loaded
The wind was blowing and it was SO much harder than you would think!!
It took a lot more rounds than I imagined
Then we worked on the targets that were on the board
Zack kicked my trash on that!
I figured it would be so easy and it wasnt!

Next we had two pop cans set up for each of us with a balloon on each one
Then a can in the middle with out a balloon
You had to pop the balloon first
Then shoot the can on the target that was on it
First one to finish with their two cans got to shoot the can on the rock
Zack was right outside the bulls eye on one can

Next was throwing some clays for fun
I got a new shotgun yesterday so I had to play around with it!
Oh my gosh after shooting 100 rounds the day before my shoulder was a little sore!!
But I did a lot better than the day before
If you look close you can see the clay towards the top of the mountain line
Next challenge was close range rapid fire to get a close grouping
It just so happened that it was starting to get dark and we were able to get perfect pictures of the muzzle blast!
They were all just .22's remember
And last was accuracy round
Which ended up more into just playing and adjusting some sights
We probably shot 100 rounds a piece at the accuracy round!
We had the targets at about 12 yards on this one
Playing Top Shot was so much fun
It was nice to challenge yourself differently than normal
I think this is going to be a trend we continue!

No comments: