Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blue moon

Friday night was a Blue moon. The second full moon in a month. Anyone in public safety knows a full moon is crazy. Stupid. Ridiculous. Let alone give us two in a month.. Heaven help us.

You might not believe me. But crazies get crazier. Nice people turn mean snappy condescending. Everything's twice as complicated as it should be. Weird things happen. Stupid things happen. And the chaos gods of dispatch rain down harder than ever. You think I'm kidding or superstitious . Ask a cop. A nurse. A fireman. They'll tell you

So to help keep some sanity I made blue cupcakes for the blue moon. Sugar to a dispatcher is like instant Prozac. It's true.

I couldn't leave out some people at home. Nothing like me baking cupcakes and taking them all to work. So I set up a little surprise on the table for Chris and Kennedy. It's cheesy I know. But so am I!

Here's to all those who survived the blue moon. Thankfully the next ones not until July 2015

No comments: