Thursday, September 20, 2012

Meatballs

I made a bunch of stuff this weekend as usual
Thought I'd throw in a little recipe for one of my favorites
I took some homemade bread and turned it into bread crumbs by crumbling it up and letting it dry over night spread out on a baking sheet
Next I added a TINY bit of bacon bits, garlic powder, mustard powder, black pepper, onion powder and mixed it up
Then I added a half a can of beer to make it soft
Mmm it smelled so good once the beer was added to the bread crumbs and spices
Just enough to make it semi moist but not mushy
Then two packages of hamburger
It was about 3lbs worth
Just mix it all up
Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet in the fridge or freezer to set
After that I just set out however many I need for dinner and take the rest and put in bags to freeze
I take what Im using and place into a cooking dish, covered in bbq sauce and bake in the oven at 300 until they are done
Oh did I mention I made the bbq sauce also..

No comments: