Monday, May 5, 2014

Ohio Day 2- Cemetaries

Thursday morning we all headed out for an adventure. We had to take two cars. Mom, Kathy and Susan rode with Marianne
 My cousin Katie and I took her car with her two girls.
Her girls are so cute. We stopped for a drink and 'Aunt Jessy' (even though Im technically a cousin..I just look like an aunt lol) bought them push pops :) They thought that was the greatest thing ever. These two were a crack up and reminded me so much of Kennedy.
Chloe who is almost 5
 and Cecilia who is 6. She was reading us books as we drove
We stopped at this cemetery. Susan is big into genealogy and had traced a lot of our relatives to this site. Apparently down the line we are related to a bunch of Treece's and Daniel Boone. Some of that side of the family was there.  My mom and all her siblings and all her siblings spouses are from Ohio. They didnt move to Utah until after my mom graduated so all her history and family are back here still.  

From there we went and ate at a restaurant in Ashland. I finally started to get cell phone service. We had NO cell service at the house we were staying in.. til we got about 15-20 minutes out of that town. I didnt get to call Kennedy and Chris the first night (I didnt know I wouldn't be able to til it was too late) So when I finally got service and called her today she gave me the 3rd degree. 
"Mom I was so worried!! Dad tried to call and you didn't answer..I was so worried something happened to you and you werent ok. I really really really really miss you and I don't like it when you leave me this long. Why cant I come with you. Why cant you come home now" as she was sobbing and crying. I finally got her calmed down and reassured her I was fine. No need to worry and I would call again. 
From there we went to see my Grandma Witt (my moms mom) grave. She moved to Utah when my mom graduated school and we spent all our time with her when we were growing up. She died when I was pregnant with Kennedy. Mom brought rocks to put on their headstone. I never knew my Grandpa Witt. He died when my mom was 4.


 My great grandpa and his first and second wife
 From there we went over to my cousin Adriennes house. Katie is her sister.. Marianne is her mom.. Mariannes husband Virg is my moms brother.



We were exhausted by this point! We left there and went over to Virg and Mariannes for dinner and then went home and crashed.

No comments: