Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 18- Janas bday, chicken coop, garden

 Sunday was Janas real birthday. They had a family party at her house with her parents and sisters and their families. I stopped in after work. They had a big BBQ and so much food!

Getting up at 230 every morning for work and not getting to bed early wears me out. So while everyone else hung out and the girls talked, the boys played around in the garage Miss K and I took a nap. We BOTH needed one.
 Ry and I blew some bubbles. Shes getting too big!


After that we had dinner #2 at their house. Dad and Mom came down and cooked dinner for Janas birthday too. We all ate so much we couldnt breathe.

 After K and I went turkey hunting Zack and Taylor came over to visit together. Kennedys clothes crack me up. Shes in camo from hunting..she had her rainboots on because she was out back. It was cold so she put on her hat and jacket.

 She kinda  likes her swing
 This is a typical night at our house... What can we say..we are lucky to have such good friends!
Kennedy has been taking good care of Rue. I came home from work the other day and she told me to be quiet the puppy was sleeping. She had her tucked in the living room

 Chris has been busily working on the chicken coop. He has filled in all the walls. He made a bucket stand but decided he didnt like it and made another one. The buckets will be the nesting boxes (thank you pinterest)
He got most the side wall put up after he framed the door in
 Zack recently had to shave his goatee for a fire class hes taking. I hate it. Ive ALWAYS known Zack with a goatee. He kept talking to me and it was freaking me out. He looks so much like his dad. I kept holding my hand up as he talked so it covered from his nose down and it made him look normal again. I told him we needed to make a fence and pull a Wilson off Home Improvement and I'd feel better. So he grabbed some wood and made it better.
 He was giving me a hard time as he was talking
 Zack and his new stache..see its just not ok
 Not long after this I left to Ohio for a few days. Chris got to go out on a 6,000 acre control burn at Salt Creek. He got to light fires from an airboat. He used a drip torch, flare guns and fussees. He loves airboats and has wanted one forever. So getting to play with fire and be in an airboat is like a top five moment in life for him.
Kennedy stayed home with him while I was gone and they kept each other entertained. They had some good daddy daughter bonding time. He worked on Lorins lawn and Kennedy took Lorin for walks.
 When I came home my garden had started to grow! Peas and carrots coming up
 Kennedy helped Jana plant her herb garden.
 She also picked flowers and put them inside for me when I came home.
 We planted potatoes, onions, red onions, green beans and my raspberry bushes. Now all thats left is the tomatoes, peppers and squash when it gets a little warmer for good.
 We also finished the laying boxes and got our food feeder in
 All we need is the coop wire outside and we are set! Chris is working on wiring up lights and a heating lamp inside too.
 Which is a good thing because these chicks arent chicks anymore!

 I kinda missed this guy while I was gone. I think he kinda missed me too even though he wont say so. That night after Kennedy had gone to bed I switched over the laundry and came outside. He had set up 2 chairs on the back patio for us to sit in and hang out.  It was a nice way to spend the first night home.




No comments: