Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Week 48- Thanksgiving, Christmas decorations, Duck hunting, Mike and Trish and new strings

Thursday was Thanksgiving. I didnt hardly take any pictures this week. I worked from 6-2pm. Sandys Fine Foods was sweet enough to bring us 4 pies into dispatch.

From there I went to Todd an Janas to pick up Chris. They had just finished eating dinner there and he was ready to go to my parents house for dinner. Todd and Jana had dinner at 1 and my parents were at 3. Grandpa and Aunt Tammy came up for the holiday. Grandma was out of town on a cruise. We had a great dinner. Baked turkey, smoked turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, rolls.. SO much food!
 Miss Koree was not a happy baby. She kept crying.. that is until dad would rub her belly on his head and then she was all giggles and happy.

 Kennedy spent this holiday with her real dad and even spent a few nights there. She hasnt spent the night at his house in a really long time. She was really excited about it but had to call me twice a day. She got to see two of her sister Kendalle and Karli. She was so excited to get to see them
Todd loves Black Friday shopping. We headed out to Walmart Thursday night. I was the only one who would go with him. We didnt NEED anything at Walmart he just wanted to people watch. We did get some underwear and a great deal on Tupperware and didnt even wait in check out line longer than normal. We made two laps around the store, paid for our items and were out by 6:30. We looked at each other and said now what?? It was Diet Coke time so we headed to 711 where we ran into Dusty and bs'd for a while and went to Shopko. That place was crazy. They were out of what Jana wanted and the line was ridiculous! From there it was back to the house for some dessert.
Black Friday Todd, Jana, Chris, Me and Taylor all headed out shopping. We went to Cal Ranch, IFA, Sportsmans Warehouse. While we were at Sportsmans Chris turned the corner and there was a kid who was involved in a fatal accident on Halloween. He lived and the driver died. Chris was one of the first ones on scene and the kid stopped Chris and remembered him. Told him Thank you and told his mom that Chris was one of the first ones on scene and helped him. A few minutes later Todd comes around the corner and the kid stops him too. Todd did patient care on the kid and was with him most of the time. He chatted with him too for a few minutes. It was good for them to see him doing well. His dad actually works with my dad too and the kid has been to some of our archery shoots. Its just a small world.
 From there we went up to Larrys Spring Chicken Inn for breakfast and over to Browning. There were some good sales but it wasnt like last year. We still had fun though! 
After we got home Chris had to go guide at the pheasant club and Kennedy came home. Her and I decorated the house for Christmas.
 Our theme this year will be hunting. Dont you just love this Santa!? Hes adorable isnt he.

 My Grandma Barton sent up these super cute Boyds Bear decorations to add to my hunting theme
 Kennedy wanted to decorate her room too so she took her ornament and extra stocking and hung them up

Kennedy helped Grandma Jana decorate the inside of the house while I helped Todd hang Christmas lights. Daddy Chris came home from guiding and Kennedy was so happy to see him. She wouldnt stop calling him Daddy (its usually Dad) and loving all over him. Neither him nor I have been able to take a step this week with out her right under our feet or loving all over us. She was only gone two nights but I think she missed us...
 Saturday morning me, Chris, Kennedy and Todd went out hunting. The weather was so warm for what it should have been. We started out in hoodies and only had to put on our jackets because the wind was cold. 
Chris and Rue putting out decoys
 Todd taking out his swans
 Rue wanted to help. Todd got all the swans put out and she grabbed one and swam back to the boat with it.
 Kennedy fell asleep on the way out there in the truck after a chocolate milk and breakfast taquito. It didnt take her long to fall asleep in the boat either.
 Chris shot a duck. It feel from the sky and landed in the water. Rue went to retrieve it and it was still alive. It dove under the water and popped up and took off flying. Next Todd got one
Chris shot another one a while later. It folded as soon as he hit it. Wings in, back flipped and straight dropped from the sky. Rue went to retrieve it and the duck flew off! We were shocked. It dropped right out of the sky like it was dead. We gave Chris a load of crap over two ducks doing that. He was even shooting 3 inch 12 gauge shells. We asked him if they were loaded with salt instead of steel. We packed up at 9:30 because Chris had to guide at the club again for an afternoon hunt. There really werent too many ducks flying.
 Kennedy HAD to have a picture with Daddy and the duck
 and then one with Grandpa and Dad
Chris left guiding and K and I took a nap. Todd was supposed to go look at some trees the fire dept was going to cut down for the city and then we were going to finish his lights and go to the store. He finally called a few hours later and needed me to bring him a chainsaw. Apparently they didnt want to just look they decided to cut down about 6 trees on Bamburger. People lost their minds over them cutting the trees. They were ones that were at a bad angle and if they fell they'd take out a fence and destroy the asphalt. 
We went to visit Jana. Her sister and her hubby stopped by. Kennedy was taking pictures of them.
Trish and Mike
 She took a really good one of Trish!

Chris got home from guiding and him, Dad, Mom and I went deer hunting. We didnt see anything. 
Chris worked on swan decoys that night. We couldnt decide if we were going to go out deer hunting that next morning or duck hunting. It was the last day of the deer hunt but the weather looked perfect for ducks.  
Last minute I decided deer it was. Chris and K were going to stay home. Todd wanted to go with me. I woke up and got dressed that morning when I looked outside it was pouring rain. Eff! So I climbed back into bed. A few minutes later the pager went off for a medical. I didnt make the truck and Todd and I decided the weather was going to stay shitty so we going to not deer hunt for the day. Chris didnt want go to duck hunting either. We just hung out for the day. Todd invited us over for breakfast. This is Kennedys favorite part of going there.. cartoons
 and Radars favorite part of us showing up...
 Mom and Dad found a nice deer as they were driving down the road. I went home and got my bow. It was a nice 3x4 with a spike, 2 point and a few doe. The 3x4 was coming down the hill towards me and I started belly crawling towards him in the weeds. The doe turned and went up the hill and he followed. The closest I could get to him was 89 yards. Another 15-20 yards and I would have tried it. He was walking away from me so I only had a small area to try for. When I got home Chris was working on putting up Christmas lights. He is such a scrooge about holidays but finally caved to me and put them up. Its our first year having lights on our house. Its a big deal
 Kennedy was SO excited
 We couldnt get Santa to light up though so we had to go with out him for now

 Sunday was family dinner night. We had eaten SO MUCH food this week already whats one more night. Dad made two pans of turkey enchiladas and two pans of beef. I made a huge pan of rice casserole. We had way too much food! Mom took this pict of Todd, Grandma and Grandpa
After that we went up to my dads house so my bow could undergo some cosmetic surgery. This is the before. 
 And this is Kennedys favorite thing at Grandma Chris and Grandpa Coreys house.. coloring at the little table.
 Here is the after
New Dark Archer Customs strings and a new wrist strap dad braided me. Now shes all pretty and matches the fletchings on my arrows. I had flat worn out my last string. It was a Dark Archer Customs too.

No comments: