Sunday, October 18, 2015

Arrows and UEA

 I ordered some fatty cheater arrows for this upcoming indoor season. They came as blank arrow shafts. Ive put in the tips, knocks and fletched them to match my bow. This whole week our kichen table has looked like this!
 It takes a long time to do a dozen arrows! I let each feather (you have to do one at a time) sit for an hour each.. 3 feathers per arrow.. dozen arrows.. and working and having a life lol its taken me a week.
But look how pretty they look with the bow! I got out my target bow and practiced for the first time ever. It was a lot different than normal shooting. Different components and a little different form. I love the bow though its super accurate!
Nothing like lean deer burger with peppers from your own garden to make tacos with for dinner. 
 I loved UEA break! On Thursday Chris worked all day and had school right after work so it was just Miss K and I. We went and saw Hotel Transylvania 2 at the Megaplex
 Then we went and had lunch with daddy at El Matador. We did a bunch of grocery shopping and had a girls day. She was adamant she wanted to buy roller skates with her money she has been saving up.
She had this grand idea that she could just put on skates and go... only a few minutes into it we had tears and blood. She wasnt giving up though. She kept saying "I can do this! Im gonna get it!" We practiced and practiced.. shes still learning but spent the weekend 'playing' in her room in her rollers skates safe on carpet. Shes worn them non stop but hasnt quite dared go on the concrete or tile yet. Its a good start!

No comments: