Sunday, November 22, 2015

Crafts, Deer hunting and archery

Kennedy and I worked on some crafts this last week. All she has been wanting to do was paint and decorate the antlers from my last deer. So we got out some paints and let her do whatever she wanted.
While she was working on those I worked on my Thanksgiving craft
 Weve spent a few nights at the archery range. She gets to play on my phone (netflix) while we shoot. Her and whatever kids are there usually gather in a circle and watch cartoons. And then I always get a few pictures like this..
 She took about 1200 pictures of Chris too. 
 Chris and I had a Friday morning date after K went to school. We went up on the mountain and were looking for deer. He tried to get close to the buck in the middle of this pict but couldnt. I sat in the side by side and watched :)
 We even found some snow!

 A few days later we went for an quick trip to one of the orchards we have permission to shoot at. Chris was working towards a herd of deer and picked out a good size doe. He shot her about 50 yards (we forgot the rangefinder..) and she went about 10 yards and dropped. I was so excited! Meat in the freezer! When we got to 'her' we found out she was a he... it ended up being a late buck that had nuts and little tiny nubby antlers coming in. This was his first deer kill with a bow. 
 K has been loving archery class and is getting really good at it too!
 Shes consistently hitting the paper. I told her if she could hit the paper the majority of the night every night we'd move her to the next class (which shoots at a further disatance) She is stoked because shes met that goal! 

No comments: