Sunday, November 8, 2015

The hell week

This has not been our week. AT ALL. 
Sunday Jana tore the meniscus in her knee. The really really bad part about it besides having to have surgery is her and Todd were supposed to be leaving Saturday for their first ever cruise. They've had it booked for months and the week before they leave it happens. The Dr said it was a no go and she will be having surgery the next week.
Sunday also Briggs was super cuddly. So of course I loved on him extra. Kennedy and Rylee played for a few hours. Monday Briggs and Ry get the awful virus going around. Puking, diarrhea, the works. Tuesday I get it. And so does Kennedy. And Grandpa Roy. I left work and came home to die. Im not being dramatic either (maybe slightly) I spent all day Tuesday nauseous as can be, with a fever of 102-103 (when it was at its lowest) My body ached so bad and my fever kept spiking. I could sleep for maybe an hour before I would wake up with my core sweating and my extremities so cold they had goosebumps and were freezing. It was miserable. I was able to get a little something in my stomach and an hour later I threw up. Two minutes later Kennedy walked in the door and said she threw up on the bus and has felt sick all day. Another 5 minutes later Chris calls and says he just threw up at work. It was no good. ALSO that night the neighbors dog got into Todd and Janas chickens again and killed a bunch of them. Then they had to go take Grandpa Roy to the hospital because he was so dehydrated.
Chris came home and took two naps after work and slept on the couch. He was adamant he wasnt getting sick. Kennedy slept from when she got home from school until 8:30pm she woke up to throw up a few times and went back to bed until the next morning. I got up about every hour and a half to check on her (when Chris wasnt home)
Wednesday Kennedy and I both felt awful still. I stayed home from work and she stayed home from school. We pretty much slept all day long. About 1:30 I hear our dogs barking. I go outside and Shooter has dug out of his kennel. I put him back in and notice the chicken coop was open. All our chickens are gone. I called Chris and asked him when he last had the chickens out. He couldn't remember but thought Monday and thought hed locked the coop but wasnt sure... nope. Our stupid dog killed all our chickens.
Now that brings us to Thursday. Jana found out she really did need surgery for sure and that the cruise really wasnt going to happen. Grandpa Roy is still super sick. I am starting to slightly feel better. K feels great and goes to school. We have to go to a viewing for one of our very good friends brother in law who passed unexpectedly on Halloween. I got dressed long enough to go to the viewing and K went to Grandma and Grandpas for an hour or so. By the time we picked her up she feels awful. We go home and go to bed. 11:57 pm I hear that awful noise moms hate to hear in the middle of the night. BLAAAAHHHHH. I wake up and say SHIT! I can hear Kennedy puking in her room and hear "Moo blaaaaaa.. mom blaaaahhhh" I go to the kitchen and shes at the landing of the stair hurling her guts out. ALL DOWN THE STAIRS and carpet and walls. I told her to not open her mouth again til she was on the tile in the kitchen lol. She spent the night on the bathroom floor while I scrubbed puke out of the carpet.
She threw up/dry heaved all night and all morning. She stayed home from school Friday. Thankfully we had some phenegran and by Friday afternoon I gave her some. She slept from Friday at 2pm until Saturday morning at 6. 
 I was SO BORED
After spending 2 days at home by Friday I was actually feeling good and K was sick and down. I cleaned everything. Bleached everything for the 2nd time. Left our house in a haze of lysol. Made cookies.. Chris had to guide all morning Friday til noon. He came home long enough to change and had to go set up for the DU banquet then went duck hunting. We were really hoping K felt good enough by Saturday because it was the Be a Girl shoot and DU and she had her little heart set on both!


No comments: