Monday, February 29, 2016

Sawing logs and kids archery

Weve been crazy busy lately. We finished up a project or two and were driving past Zacks old house that his sister lives in now. They were out front cutting down some big trees with tiny chainsaws... We went and got our chainsaws and trailer and helped them out. They even let us take the wood from it! Of course no one got any pictures of me sawing for over an hour haha. But heres one of the boys almost at the end.
 Macee and Parker came over to play. Macee LOVES "Cwish" aka Chris and gets so shy and flirty when she sees him. She kept yelling "Cwish! Cwish! Play ball!" so they played ball for hours.
 I tried a new release and shot my highest score of 289. I think I like the new style release.
 Kennedy had her final night of archery class. She did so good! I told her if she hit 5 balloons then I'd take her out for ice cream. Shes never hit more than 2 before. Her and Ashlynn with their first popped balloons
 This is probably her favorite way to shoot.
Half way through the class it was lap time. They lined up shortest to tallest

 Some of the taller kids were slacking so Mom started chasing


 Kennedy popped 3 balloons. Then her and Ashlynn kind of tagged teamed one. Kennedy hit it with 2 arrows but didnt pop it. She pinned it in place and Ashlynn hit it and popped it. I told her Id give her half credit on that one since they tag teamed it :) She had 3 more ballons she hit the side of but didnt pop.
 They did one more round and she didnt pop any balloons. That left her with 3 1/2 balloons. They decided they had a little more time left and she put all her focus into it and popped the last balloon. I told her since she did so awesome and shot 4 1/2 I would give her half credit for the 3 other balloons she hit but didnt pop. I know Im a sucker but she was trying so hard and putting so much effort into it I couldnt help it. 
Her and her shooting bff Ashlynn with their ribbons. These girls did AWESOME! Kennedy invited her out to ice cream with us and it made their entire night!
 We went to Yogurt Factory where the girls got Hello Kitty popsicles and us moms got frozen yogurt. They talked and giggled and told jokes and were so sad when it was time to go home!
 Weve had some decent weather and we went for a walk while K rode her scooter.

No comments: