Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Stairs and Sinus infection

Monday Chris had off for the holiday. We were looking forward to just relaxing and sleeping in. Of course we were both wide awake early. We were doing things around the house when he said to me "are we serious about ripping out the carpet on the stairs?" we had discussed it several times but never fully committed. We decided why not! I am not a fan of carpet. Plus our stairs get so filthy. Next thing I know hes ripping out the carpet.

 We were really excited to see once we pulled everything up that we had GOOD wooden stairs under it. They had been painted before even. 

 Chris sanded them down


 and we decided to paint them black. Our kitchen trim is black. I was really worried about doing the entire stairs that color instead of just the treads but we went for it! It actually turned out really good. We're going to paint the railing also. We only got the first coat on before the week went to hell.
 Tuesday I came down with an AWFUL AWFUL sinus infection. I have never had one before. It was miserable. Chris had a cold.. and I got this. You can see how much it made my eye swell! This is just the first day.
 I was down and out by Tuesday night.


No comments: