Monday, June 20, 2011

Fishin

Ever since I was just a tiny thing my dad and I have always gone fishing
Us fishing over 20 years ago
All these old pictures of us reminds me of that new Trace Adkins song Just Fishin
This Saturday we went out fishing on the Bear River
This was the first time ever I'd been on a boat on the Bear.
Ive always just fished from the banks
We had to launch from the slough in Corinne
The other boat ramp was still under water
After you come into the slough and head up river there is the Old Corinne bridge you have to go under
The water was SO high we had to lay flat on our backs to go under and had about a foot of clearance.
You cant tell we were having any fun!
We had just gotten to the spot where we were going to fish at.
I was rigging up my pole
My dad just cast his line into the water and grabbed a drink
SLAM
The fish took the bait.
It was "here hold my drink!!"
"No wait. Hold my pole and give me my drink!"
So he let me reel it in.
Not bad for the first fish of the year
This ended up being the SMALLEST fish we kept
We kept getting bites and nibbles like crazy
These little guys were teasing us.
We had 3 this size we threw back
Then dad landed this great Catfish!!
My first fish on my new fishing pole I got for my b day
I threw him back but now my pole has caught one!
We ended up with 4 keepers
It was too dark to get any more pictures.
We headed in right as a rain storm was coming in and made it off the water just in time!

No comments: