Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pink Heals

WARNING!!!
THIS POST CONTAINS LOTS AND LOTS OF PINK!!!

My work helped sponsor a cancer awareness event called Pink Heals.(official website)
They had all kinds of stuff to go do and promote cancer awareness.
Our work bought all of the employees who wanted one the Pink Heals(blog) shirts for our area and we were allowed to wear them to work in support.
The best part is the proceeds that they get are given back to the community in the area.

Kennedy was SO excited to go. I'd told her about it the day before.
How they would have pink fire trucks
 She said "MOM!!! Pink is my FAVORITE!"
I told her how they had pink cotton candy
She said "MOM!!! Pink cotton candy is my FAVORITE!"

I woke her up in the morning to go.
I layed my head down on the pillow next to her and she looked at me all serious and said
"Mom don't go back to sleep! We have to get up and go see my favorite color! And find lady who has the pink cotton candy and ask her if I can have some!"

The actual event was at RC Willey in Riverdale.
My friend Hailey came with Kennedy and I
Kennedy and I decked out in our PINK.

Fire prevention Dog

The BK King

Kennedy making a donation and getting some cotton candy

Kim and the kids and I

James' dinosaur

Bri and Kim from work selling shirts


Hailey hanging on for life and James with a fire hose
The firetruck they had there was pretty neat. It was COVERED in signatures all around from those affected by cancer.

Really whats a blog post with out one of these picts of Hailey!??!

They had a safe kids trailer there where the little ones could go inside and learn about safety around the home.
They had one part where the room fills with fake smoke and they discuss how what to do.
I was so proud of Kennedy!
 They showed them once what to do and he asked her ok what do you do if there is a fire?
She said get low. She got onto her hands and knees
Crawled to the door.
Touched the door with the BACK of her hand
And said nope its hot I cant go that way!

Kennedy kept starring at herself in the chrome.
It was hilarious!
She kept making faces and talking to herself
Looking at her face paint
It seriously entertained her for a good 15 min

Afterward we went to Chik fil A
Great ending to a great day!

1 comment:

The Triplett Family said...

Looks like a really fun day! That fire truck is totally awesome.