Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 33-Adult steps

You know there are always those steps in life that you judge your adulthood on
Those milestones you hit
Moving out
Kids 
etc
Well post D-word this is the first time I've had matching living room furniture
Thats a big "im and adult and life is gonna be ok" milestone
Its not the poor, just starting out, pieced together living room stage
This is the stage that says I've got my shit together in life
When I first moved out I had NADA
Nothin
The place I moved to was AMAZING and PERFECT for me and K and it was furnished
I was a broke single mom and had no money in the first place and paying lawyer fees, supporting a child etc plus no place to PUT furniture cause it was furnished
So then the next place I lived was my sisters town-home when she moved out
She didnt have a place to put her couches so they stayed at my house.. still not MINE our OURS
So when Chris and I moved into this place we bought a sectional
Big people steps
And our living room matched and looked all adult
We cant really count ourselves broke-newlyweds..
so we will call ourselves broke-about-to-be-newlyweds..
and not only are we that we have a kid to throw into the mix and wedding planning 
He has been wanting a "man recliner" bad
We have been looking at them but didn't have $600 to drop on one
It just so happens I found one a friend was selling on Facebook
a big ol $40 woo woo thats more like it
So it was a surprise
Chris was out guiding at the pheasant club and I was going to meet Hunter when I got off work.. well Chris was home early so he got to come along
He liked the chair and we brought it home 
So it kinda but not really matches our living room
However to keep us in the big kid we got our shit together stage I am pretty sure it matches the deer right??
and they are part of the living room.. so all is good
right??
??


No comments: