Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 46-Stuck

This should have been a warning of how the weekend was going to go!
Friday as soon as Chris and I got off work we started getting things ready for our upcoming snowmobile trip
We had a dinner that night we were going to at 7pm. We were home by 430ish
Ashley took Kennedy and we were just going to load the sleds onto the trailer, run them to my parents, load them and then get ready for the dinner
Plenty of time.. right???
Well we got to where the trailer was and Chris's truck got stuck in the snow
He couldn't dig it out
We were stuck there for a while and finally had to get the backhoe to pull it out

Since he couldnt get the truck in there he used the backhoe to get the trailer out
The trailer didnt want to hook onto the truck.. FINALLY we got it to
Headed to get the sleds and put them on the trailer
There was a little bit of snow on there!
Loaded and ready to go
Had to stop at Checkers for some things they didnt have then to my parents house
Chris needed to rivet a grab bar onto the back he'd made that day
His other one had broke off
It took a while
He had to drill some holes
I sat and watched
Oh hey look its already 7pm.. guess we aren't making dinner!
Got that all taken care of
Took my dads truck
Hooked the trailer onto it
Got ready to get the sleds on there
Drove dads sled out and it died right at the end of the trailer
IT WOULD NOT START
Fought with it forever and decided fine
We will move moms
Got hers started easy.. it died
IT WOULD NOT START
Chris and I are fighting with it
Im in a hoody and tennis shoes because I'd just came from work and didn't expect to be out in the cold so long
Tried and tried and tried and tried
It was out of gas
Put some in and it finally started
Got it loaded on the trailer
Finally got dads started
Loaded our two
Couldn't find any tie downs
Its after 8pm at this point
I cant feel my toes or hands and have to go inside and warm up
Chris found tie downs where I had already looked...
Got everything tied down, fingers thawed and headed towards home
Chris had to go put the trailer back and get some things
I had to go get Kennedy from Bear River so he just handed me the keys to his car and dropped me off
Oh and in this point we had picked up Kinlie from my sister because she got called into work
By the time we got to Bear River Kinlie was out
I left the car running and grabbed Kennedy
When I got back out to the car I had two missed calls from Chris
I had the keys to his car.. which meant I had the house key..
We headed back home through the THICK FOG
My co pilots were out cold

Finally we made it home and inside
Shut the door and went to sleep!

No comments: