Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 47 Snowmobiling to the cabin

Saturday Chris was in class til 1pm
Kennedy and I got everything that was left ready
We all met my parents at their house and left for the cabin
Parked at the Hardware Ranch trailhead
Loaded up every thing and got ready to go
This was peanuts first snowmobile trip
We got all the sleds started..
but moms
Hers that has ran just fine this whole time decided not to start in the parking lot
After about 20 minutes got it started
The PLAN was for Kennedy to ride with mom and she would tow the sled with the food and stuff in it
Moms sled  is made for two people and has handles on the back for the passenger
Kennedy fit perfectly behind Mom
We started out and didnt make it very far up the trail before a HUGE herd of elk ran out in front of us
Chris was cruising along and the elk cut him off.. like a herd of 50 or so
He hits his brakes and goes into a sideways skid.. his machine starts to tip when he lets off the brakes and comes up
His only choice was to flip with it or push off so he pushed off and the sled went back down
He did a few somersaults along the snow, jumped back up, hopped onto his sled and took back off
He was laughing and just fine

Not much further up the trail mom hits some ruts
All of a sudden I see a bag go flying to the left.. and then my child flying to the right
Kennedy had bounced off the sled, landed on her butt and slid along the side of the road
She was just fine and not hurt
She looked up at me as I pulled my sled up next to her like what the heck just happened, jumped up and ran to my mom ha!
We put her on the sled with me from there on out to the cabin IN FRONT and I held onto her tight with my knees
She was laughing and having a lot of fun
We made it to the cabin.. well kind of
Dad, Kennedy and I did
Mom never showed up and neither did Chris
Finally they did
Moms sled died halfway up the hill by the gate 
Chris finally got it started and they made their way to the cabin
Adjusted her jets, unloaded the stuff and decided to go out and play
It was so sunny and warm
We headed over to the flat where its a pond in the summer
We played around for a little bit and then moms sled took a poop again
The boys worked on it
Mom, Kennedy and I played around on the other sleds for a while










Dad and Chris got moms running good and we headed back to the cabin
Dad and Mom went one way
Chris Kennedy and I went another
Kennedy rode with daddy Chris and I sunk my sled
They had to dig me out and we were good
Kennedy was the little floater this trip
She rode with everyone

Back at the cabin and unloading for the night





We went inside, ate fajitas for dinner, sat by the fire and bs'd
Us girls finally had to head to bed while the guys sat up and told stories
Dad and Chris started telling fire stories 

No comments: