Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Family Pumpkin Carving

Sunday post turkeys Jana and Todd wanted to have the grand kids over for pumpkin carving. They grew a bunch of pumpkins in their garden this year.
Kennedy and Ry were stoked!
 We started out with the dads helping and the moms picture taking
 Ash started making her one. Ry picked it out for her and told her she needed to carve it too.

 To Grandpa Todd pumpkin carving is a serious business. He has all kinds of tools, stencils etc. Jana and I were at Zurchers and found him this pumpkin gutter you hook onto a drill. It was pretty awesome.

 I tried to get a nice family picture of us 3.. I should have know better. Its ok I love them still :)


 punkin guts


 Chris 'helped' Kennedy carve her cat stencil
 Grandpa 'helped' Briggs make his own pumpkin

 Miss K finished her cat.
 She wanted to start on a little one with her initials on it too.
My cute sweet husband who hates holidays and protests pumpkin carving snuck off to the garden and grabbed a pumpkin so he can do his own. He actually really likes carving pumpkins and takes it very seriously but trying to talk him into it is like pulling teeth.
 I went the easy route! I used the mallet and cutters for a bat star pumpkin



Todd made a firefighter one with cookie cutters
We made the neighbor come over and take pictures for us. It was such a fun evening! I love all our finished pumpkins. 

No comments: