Monday, September 28, 2015

Sister stalking, corn bears, pheasant club trip and engine driving

Sometimes you're going down the road and see your sister in front of you.. and somehow she even manages to smile in the mirror as you're text stalking her asking her what she bought and she cant figure out what the hell until you send her a picture.

 Thursday night Chris and I both had school. It was also Kennedys schools night at the corn maze. She was heartbroken she wouldnt be able to go when my friend from the fire dept text and asked if she could take her. Kennedy LOVES playing with her daughter Mary.
They werent gone long before I started getting texts. If you know Miss K, you'll find this hilarious. She thinks she is so independent for about 2 minutes.. and then you let her go and she is in tears. Heart broken and comes right back to your lap. Like the day we left her home alone for a whole 5 minutes..



Despite slightly being lost for about 3 minutes she had a great time!
Kennedy and Mary
Friday morning Garth Brooks tickets went on sale. Jana, Todd and I were super excited for them and Chris jut has to go along ha! Jana and I planned on getting tickets and were both going to try to see who could get the best ones.. This is how our morning went.
                               

                            

                            
and right as Jana was 3/4 of the way through and our guy stopped running again there was a little announcement at the bottom of the screen they opened an additional show Fri night and a new show Thursday night. She had been in the preque since 0900 when it opened. I was not far behind her so I jumped pages and went to get tickets for Thursday to see if I could get them faster than she could for Friday. I quickly got pretty decent seats for Thursday and right as I was clicking to pay for them and she was at the end of the que for Fridays tickets they sold out!!! Luckily I took the Thursday ones and we have good seats!

Saturday morning while I was in class this guy right here went and guided his first trip back at the pheasant club since he had been shot. To say the least I was a mess all morning trying to pay attention and hoping he was ok... and then he text me and said he was guiding a double. I am not naive I know we live a risky life with all we do..and something as simple as a car wreck or a heart attack or whatever can take your life just as fast; but it didn't keep me from worrying while he was back up there. He had fun and didn't come home shot so it was a good day ha!
I did make him take a picture with me at 630 in the morning before he left.
Also this week I drove the engine on a call for the first time ever. I know that may sound crazy considering I started all this in 2003.. BUT first off I have to beat Todd, Chris and Taylor to the drivers seat to even start with.. and I usually make the squad which is the first unit out..plus whoever is driving on a fire has to be the engineer and run the pump. I dont want to run the pump I want to run the hose and play! So on a fire I jump in the back seat. This was just a car wreck and we were the second unit out so I made the engine and drove it. I had to take a picture when we got back to the station to document it :)

No comments: