Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fishing on the Bear

Tuesday night Chris and I went out on the river fishing
It had been bright and sunny all day long
HOT
We had to stop and help his grandparents with a project before we left
As we headed to the boat ramp there was dark clouds and skies to the west but all around was blue skies
As we get to the ramp lightening starts
You can tell a storm is coming but it looks like it will just be a small one
It was dark at the ramp but all around it was sunny and behind the dark clouds were sun
We decided to chance it and head out
We started and the motor was having problem
We made it maybe 500 feet out and had to turn around to work on it
Got it running good and headed back out
Just as we started so did the rain
It was a nice warm summer rain and felt good
We stopped at the spot to fish and pulled up to the bank
Threw the lines out and all of a sudden I take off my shoes and jump out of the boat
Chris is looking at me like what in the world
There was a HUGE frog on the bank and I wanted to catch it
I chased it all down the edge of the river and missed it over and over ha!
He started laughing at me and said I wish I had a camera right now!
I laughed back at him and said you do silly!
By then the rain had stopped and it was hot again
I didnt want to get my shirt all muddy so I took it off and kept chasing frogs barefoot in the mud
I didnt end up catching any frogs :( but it kept me entertained for quite a while
One thing I think is neat about the river is the banks are COVERED in old cars
Its sad but at the same time its really neat to see
Chris went on a little hike, we caught some fish
Ok well he caught 3 fish and I missed about 15 
then I finally caught one at the end!
Doesnt matter how tiny it was.. I caught one 
I love going out on the river
I love spending the evening fishing
Its so pretty and relaxing
The skies are just amazing colors 

No comments: