Sunday, July 8, 2012

This boy

So there is this boy 
As you may have noticed hes been taking up a lot of my time
I kinda like him
The funniest part is we had never really met until just a few months ago
That may not seem that random to most of you but just wait.. and I'll tell you the story of how we met

Back in April I received a face book request from this guy I didn't know
He didn't have a profile pict that was of him so I started looking through his page
All his pictures were group ones
I thought hmm who is this kid? I hope hes at least the cute one
I saw he was friends with my dad and thought whatever
I accepted it

Two days later I went to an archery banquet with my parents
Dad was teasing this guy about being a Grandpa finally and getting old
He introduced me to these two people but I didn't really know who they were
I had met them before but it was a long time ago
Then I realized that guy was Todd.. Ashley's Dad
Ashley and I were way good friends my senior year of High School (shes 2 years younger than me)

About halfway through the banquet this guy came strolling in and sat down with them
Oh wait.. its starting to click..
Thats Ashley's little brother..
(Yeah yeah yeah hes a little younger than me :)
I only met him once when he was like 12
He was kind of cute now and all grown up
I went wait! That is the kid from face book!
Before the night was over him and Kennedy were playing like crazy
She invited him over that night to the house to play lol
The banquet was over and as we were leaving the parking lot he walked us out
I sent him a face book post from the parking lot telling him it was good to see him 
As I hit send he was sending me the same message
We were texting before the night was over

Before we knew it we were on our first date and it snowballed from there
After talking we realized how MANY people we had friends in common
It was absolutely UNREAL that we hadn't ever met before that
I was good friends with his sister in high school
His dad and my dad are good friends
Both in the archery club
His step mom Jana, her parents are Roy and Kat Evans, who ran Roy N Kat Archery
People I have known for years! 
Since I was born
They are friends with my parents before my parents were even married
My sisters were friends with Chris in High School
Im friends with his cousin
I know half his extended family 
We have SO many mutual friends
I had planned to go to his sisters wedding just a year before with a guy I was seeing at the time but plans fell through that night 
and the connections just keep going on and on and on

My dad asked me to come to the banquet as his 'date' for the night
I was actually going to leave the banquet before Chris showed up because I was going to meet someone but he got delayed
Chris wasn't even going to go to the banquet but his parents finally talked him into it and that's why he was late

Its a good thing we both showed up
Hes kinda stolen my heart..
But mines not the only one hes stolen..
..
..
Kennedy absolutely LOVES Chris
He is so so so good with her 
And so is all of his family

1 comment:

The Triplett Family said...

Ha ha, that's funny because I've been thinking... "wait, that's not the Texas guy" :) Chris looks like a nice guy and that's fabulous Kennedy gets along with him so well! Congratulations. :)