Thursday, July 19, 2012

Swim Lessons

This is Kennedys last week of swim lessons
Yesterday was the last class I will take her too
Liz is taking her today since I work
She has done so well!!!
I have been so impressed and her teacher Miss Sydney is AWESOME!!!!
They have learned arrow arms, to blow bubbles, safety day with their life jackets, and all kids of things
BUT the best thing has been Kennedy is no longer afraid to go under water
This kid is a fish however even in the bathtub if you try to wash her hair she freaks
Ends up in tears and a fight trying to dunk her head back
Wednesdays class she spent almost the entire time UNDERWATER!
I was so proud of her
Each class a couple times the teacher will take them out to the deeper end, 4ft, and make them touch the bottom and jump in from the side also
They cant plug their noses and have to blow their bubbles when they go under

They give them little rings and they pretend to 'drive their cars' across the pool
They steer with the rings and blow their bubbles as they go
Kennedy told her teacher 
"I don't drive a car. I drive a Jeep. And they can drive underwater"
So she drove back and forth across the pool SUBMERGED!
I have been so happy with her swim class and so proud of her for doing so well
Each time she does good and listens we get a treat after class
This last time she got TWO

No comments: