Sunday, January 27, 2013

George Straight - Martina McBride Concert

Friday after work we took Kennedy down to Grandma JaNeale and Grandpa Jimmys work in SLC
She got to hang out at Strong Volkswagen and eat dumbdumbs.. visit with the ladies in the office.. add up a few things on the calculator 
Mom, Daddy Chris, Grandpa Todd and Grandma Jana headed to our hotel for a little over night getaway!
My mom hooked us up with a sweet hotel room
She has a TON of points from all her FEMA adventures and was nice enough to get us pretty awesome rooms
We had a King suite on the 7th floor
Todd and Jana had a business suite on the 4th floor
Chris felt so special because you had to have key access in the elevator to get to our floor :)
He was totally impressed
I told him thats what happens when you hang out with me.. you are upgraded in life haha
We put our stuff in our rooms and headed down to meet Todd and Jana.. we looked over the floor and there they were waiting for us

We went to Chilis for dinner mmmm
It was so good!
Our waiter was AWESOME
I had an El Presidente Raspberry Margarita with dinner
Wow it was wonderful!
After dinner we drove over to the concert
First act was Martina McBride
I love her
I think she has an amazing voice and is so pretty and fun
She sang some really good songs and put on a good show
Me and the soon to be hubby
Todd and Jan
They boys HAD to wear their beer hats they got for Christmas
They were so excited for the concert to get to wear them
They got SO MANY compliments on them
People were constantly stopping them and asking where they got them
Chris impressed all the girls cause he knew they came off Etsy.. and that he knew what Etsy was ha!
Me and Todd


Then it was time for a lil George Straight
I had never been to one of his concerts before
I couldnt believe how much older he looked 
He put on a pretty good show too
A lot more mellow
They gave away a HOUSE to an Army family where the dad had been pretty injured in a tour in Iraq
This boy here just melts my heart
I cant believe how absolutely LUCKY I am and how much I love him
He was singing me songs all night long and all I could do was sit there and blush and smile
He still makes me feel like a giddy girl


After the concert we headed to the hotel for our very first hotel stay together
Chris went out to get some ice and was invited to a hotel room full of girls for a party
He turned it down :) 
We had breakfast at the hotel the next morning.. looked out the big windows surrounding the dinning room and watched the thick fog just get thicker
Some deer wandered down through the trees as we were eating
Then it was time to go get Peanut and head back home
It was a very nice much needed date night!
And it couldn't have happened with out all the amazing family we have!

No comments: