Monday, October 14, 2013

286- Hunting and a Hunting Dog

We headed back up to the cabin at 0600 in the morning Sunday. Chris couldnt leave town until then since he was on call. Kennedy and I met him at his Dads house. He drove his truck and Kennedy and I took my car. We had to come back down Sunday night since I worked Monday. Chris was off for the holiday Monday and planned to stay up at the cabin hunting until Monday night. 
Surprise we saw nothing. Everyone we talked to that had hunted ALL OVER saw nothing.

 After hunting all morning we went to the cabin for lunch. We had been snacking so we ate cream cheese and jalapenos ha! Jalapeno jelly for me and Kennedy and pickled jalapenos for Chris. I went and sat outside to watch the hillside for a while to see if anything was moving or crossing.
A storm was rolling in. It was just after noon.

Kennedy was super excited she found deer tracks and started tracking it
We took a nap as the storm rolled it. It rained hard and snowed but nothing stuck. We went out again about 3 for the evening hunt until dark. We didnt see anything then either. Chris dropped us off at the car and we headed home. We were a little anxious to see if our puppy came or not. Ash picked it up from the guy for us and took it to my moms house. I started getting texts about him as soon as we got service. Everyone loved him. 
Kennedy has been SO excited about a dog coming to our house. She has talked non stop about it and was extra excited to learn Bailey was coming next week (after deer hunt so we are home) and that we had a puppy waiting for us. She made up songs about how they were going to be friends. She will feed and water it. Pick up its poop. Take care of it. Walk it. Play with it. You know the normal promises. I asked her why she was so excited for a puppy. It was a lot of responsibility. She said "because then I wont have to play by myself all the time!!!" I told her well you like to do that? You play by yourself well. She said "I dont LIKE it .. I just get used to it" Ha! Talk about a guilt trip right there! 
So we made it to my parents. Picked up the adorable puppy. Took it home and set up its playpen. Got its food and water dishes out. Kennedy was overly excited to say the least!
 He is 10 weeks old and doesnt have a name yet. 
Kennedy asked me if she could sleep in his pen in the laundry room so he wasn't scared at night. I figured what the heck this wont last long. So we put down a blanket. I gave her a towel for a pillow and put a towel over her. I told her she couldn't have a real pillow in there because hes a puppy and would tear it apart or if he had an accident.  I honestly did not think she would make it all night in there. Kennedy sang the puppy lullaby songs until they both fell asleep. I went into check on them and found this... 
She got up after midnight and we let him out to go potty. Then she wanted to get right back into the pen with him. They slept til I woke them up at 5am this morning for another potty break. She had to take him out both times and didnt complain once. She insisted on getting back in the pen with him after that. I think its safe to say she loves him and he loves her!