Monday, October 21, 2013

291- Sick and hunting

We had planned to go out duck hunting Friday morning before we left for the deer hunt..
Well apparently the cleaning was too much for Kennedy. 230 Friday morning I hear that awful hurling sound as Kennedys coming down the stairs... She made it to the bathroom and I asked her if she was ok and if she threw up in the living room.. She said no mom I made it... and then I started looking at her. She was covered in puke. She threw up in her bed in her sleep. I started the shower water and put her in the shower and went upstairs to see the damage. So thankful for my hubby who doesnt handle throw up at all. Im still used to doing things on my own and told him just to stay in bed. I turned around and he had gotten up to help me and took all her bedding downstairs for me and started it in the washer. I made peanut a bed on the couch.. 
a towel to lay on and one across over the pillow for her head just in case. She had no fever at all. She threw up about every half hour. Poor girl had nothing in her tummy left after the first two rounds. I finally went out and slept on the couch with her for a few hours instead of getting up every 30 min. Our bedroom is right next to the bathroom so we would just meet in there. She finally stopped vomiting about 0530
There was no duck hunting that morning for these two girls! I finally convinced Chris to go out on his own. He really wanted to go but knew I did too so he was going to stay home. He left and us girls slept! Peanut still never got a fever at all so we were thinking maybe she ate something bad. She slept all day long. 
I cleaned. Packed. Made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. She woke up for a little bit, showered and nibbled on a piece of cinnamon toast and sprite. That was enough it was nap time again. She slept more. We woke her up about 30 minutes before we were leaving. She was tired but ok. She still never had a fever or anything else but throwing up and she had kept her toast and sprite down. We figured we were good to go. Loaded up the truck and went to Todd and Janas. We had to do a few things there to get ready and finally headed out. I had grabbed Kennedy a plastic bowl and put a zip lock bag around it so we could use it twice and for easy clean up just in case.. We were about 5 minutes into Sardine Canyon when she starts throwing up again. Todd was in the back seat with her and on the phone. Didnt even phase him or stop his conversation. I told Chris thats how you know you're a dad! A kid puking doesnt phase you. She was just fine after that. We stopped for dinner and she wasnt hungry and had two fries. We made it to the cabin where she was fine and playing.  The pup came with us on this trip. We still hadnt fully decided on a name for him. We had been calling him Duke. But we all kind of agreed it didnt fit him. He is going to be a huge dog. Hes got such a good disposition. When we were at Todd and Janas they were playing with him and Chris said "he eats like a tank!" and from then on he's been christened Tank.  Tank and Kennedy played outside with Grandpa while Chris cut wood

That night was a Hunters Moon. It was SO bright..which isnt really good for hunting! You dont want it light at night but it was pretty

We made it through the night with out incident or vomiting. It was a good night.

No comments: