Sunday, July 20, 2014

Bear Lake-Mindys visit

My somewhat relative Mindy and her son Mason were in town this week. I say somewhat because I'm not sure if we are even technically related. We've just been calling her our cousin. Shes my Aunt Kathy's (my moms sister) husbands brothers great niece. Following that!? See cousin works lol! Anyways shes in town from Ohio visiting.. the one I rode through the mud in the golf cart with when I went back east. She has never seen any thing like Utah before. Shes used to flat. So we've been trying to introduce her to all things Utah while shes here. We went up to Bear Lake on Thursday.  It was a pretty overcast day but still good weather.
 Kennedy, Kinlie and Mason
 Mindy and Mason

 Mindy, Mason, Me, Peanut, Koree, Liz and Kinlie

 The water wasnt super deep. We walked out to an island that was out there a ways. The kids loved the island!

  You can see Kennedy walking out there and shes in about the deepest spot

 Chico and Monroe (Liz and Kyles dog) came with us too
 Koree in the water for the first time

 Mason trying out his goggles
 Chico had never been swimming before
 He figured it out pretty quick





 She could dig in the sand all day if I let her

 Our sand castle decorated with seashells
 Snack time

 We only spent a few hours at the beach. Just enough to enjoy the day. Then we headed over to the Hometown Drive in for raspberry shakes and lunch
 We forgot they arent from Utah and had to have them try fry sauce. They loved it!
 Poor kids were EXHAUSTED on the way home

No comments: